Department Coordinator, Film & Television Sync / Executive Assistant To Department Head
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Department Coordinator, Film & Television Sync / Executive Assistant to Department Head
A little bit about our team:
Broadly, the Film & Television Sync department is responsible for placing and marketing Warner Records' artists and songs in films, trailers, television and streaming shows and series, promos, games and sports programming.
Why join us:
As a key member of the Sync Department, you will support and interact with an extremely wide swath of music and entertainment professionals within the Warner Records organization and across all areas of media. Success in this area requires a basic knowledge of sync, an acute understanding of our clients and partners work and responsibilities and an extremely proactive approach to both near and long term department goals. The broad industry skills you acquire and hone will create invaluable understanding of the Music and Media at large.
will include (but are not limited to):
• Interact with Warner Records colleagues in all areas (including but not limited to A&R, marketing, publicity, fan engagement, tour marketing, international, commerce/revenue and business affairs for the purposes of sharing, supporting and amplifying the work done within the Film & TV department.
• Participate in the development of departmental approach, company protocol and external outreach. Work to maintain those approaches and protocols among its team members.
• Welcome visitors, screen and direct phone calls/inquiries, processes expenses, schedule and coordinate domestic and international meetings, maintain all calendar items, coordinate domestic and international travel, processes incoming mail and correspondence, prepare outgoing mail, and ensure the office is always fully equipped and functioning smoothly.
• Meet with artists, artist management and their extended teams to share relevant information and develop marketing strategies.
• Work independently to complete routine departmental or unit functions and/or tasks including, but not limited to, various correspondence, preparing and updating recurring internal reports, forms, tables, pamphlets, etc. from rough draft, handwritten notes, or verbal instructions.
• Create, construct and deploy department marketing materials (music blasts, theme playlists, artist and song announcements, etc.).
• Proofread and edit drafts and final materials for appropriate consistent format, accuracy of financial figures or other data and makes corrections as needed.
• Maintain and update department files, records and publications.
• Direct documents to the appropriate parties, obtain approvals when necessary, and make certain all deadlines are met.
• Work in tandem with our WMG clearance and licensing team to exchange assets and information.
• Conduct and participate in daily and weekly Warner Records departmental and artist meetings.
• Research, track and review weekly film and TV production schedules.
• Coordinate with various Warner Records departments to gather artist, song and marketing campaign information.
• Represent Warner Records at concerts, showcases, listening parties, mixers and other events.
• Outside travel to key markets to generate business and maintain existing relationships.
• Organize artist showcases for Warner Records artists at film, TV and streaming companies at 3rd party venues.
• Work with A&R and A&R Administration to obtain advance music and assets for use in pitching (instrumentals, cleans, stems, publishing splits and information, etc.)
• Maintain our audio database within out cloud-based system to include management of the metadata.
• Keep contact lists up to date.
• Create and maintain an airdate calendar for licensed songs.
• Create and craft marketing tools (such as email blasts) to promote the Warner Records releases and sync opportunities.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A minimum of 1 - 3 years of experience in Administrative and Departmental support within the Music Industry with a good understanding of the basic functions of a record label. Knowledge of music publishing and marketing a plus!
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
• Outstanding communication skills.
• Possession of a strong work ethic and the ability to take initiative.
• Have the ability to think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Experience that includes utilization of Company product and coordination of activities between Company and artist teams, writers/composers, music supervisors, film and TV studio executives, producers, directors and related classifications.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in