Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
UPROXX is seeking a mid-level creative to ideate on branded projects while working in partnership with production, strategy, and design. We are looking for fresh thinkers who are deeply culturally-curious and will challenge what's expected of our creative ideas- pushing for branded and unbranded concepts that are contemporary, relevant, and exciting.
Why this could be your next big break:
As a Creative at UPROXX you will report directly to our Creative Director and work with our award winning creative and strategy teams in responding to RFP requests from brand partners. You will be responsible for developing and articulating cultural insights and ideas that act on those insights, sourcing stories and talent that answers brand needs, and expanding the ideas into production.
Here you'll get to:
• You will be briefed on RFPs from Sales/Strategy teams. The Creative Director will assign RFPs to different creative team members based on overall workload as well as areas of expertise. You'll be responsible for investigating the brand and brief and ask valuable questions that will help you brainstorm.
• You will work with strategy to help develop strong cultural insights that support the brief and your ideas.
• You will research, source and pitch your ideas and the talent associated with them to internal (creative, sales, strategy) and external (agency, client) stakeholders.
• You will receive feedback and re-direction from internal and external sources. We'll look for you to absorb that feedback and work potential changes into the ideas presented.
• You will work in partnership with the rest of the creative, strategy, social, production and editorial teams to devise cohesive 360 programs over the entire UPROXX platform.
• You will be responsible for writing copy for decks and pre-production treatments/scripts when programs sell through.
• You will engage and contract talent for programs upon sell through. You will be responsible for outreach to the talent, or their teams and to provide legal with the information necessary to draft appropriate agreements.
• You will brief production teams on your creative ideas when they sell through so that they can execute the idea properly and meet both internal and external expectations.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have a Bachelor's Degree or relevant credentials and at least 2-3 years of experience working in a creative capacity either at an ad agency or publisher preferred.
• Be competent in the Photoshop and Keynote.
• Have a background/education in media & digital advertising
• Have passion for content marketing, writing, and video Content Creation
• Have a willingness to learn in a fast-paced environment
• Have interest in digital content and entertainment
• Have a deep appreciation for modern popular and niche music.
• Have skills in writing and original concept development
• Have an interest and passion for deep diving into culture and storytelling
• Have natural skills as a multi-tasker
• Have the skills to communicate clearly, efficiently, and amicably.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A Journalism background
• Production, filmmaking or editing experience
• Experience in the music, gaming, or sports industry either as a professional or as a dedicated fan.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX, a Warner Music Group Company, is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists and our award-winning video content studio, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music and Lifestyle. The UPROXX Studio team collaborates with our partners to create the most engaging and sharable content in the digital space.