Creative Services Coordinator
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Creative Services Coordinator
A little bit about our team:
Creative Services is a global department that adds value for our songwriters and catalogs by driving engagement, building legacy and marketing our songs to new audiences through content creation and storytelling. Creative Services develops and executes strategic partnerships and non-traditional projects including short-form content, IP development, immersive, Theatrical, orchestral events and more. We also dive deep into our legendary catalog to find new opportunities for our songs through covers and sampling.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Creative Services Assistant is a key member of CS, reporting directly to the head of the department and working closely with the rest of the team to develop, manage and execute projects based around our songwriters and catalogs. From creating marketing materials to researching the lives of our songwriters, learn about how music, media, brands and technology all come together to create cultural touchpoints and share the power of music.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage the calendar and expenses for the SVP, Global Creative Services and SVP, Theatrical and Catalog.
• Set up and organize meetings, take notes and keep track of tasks and next steps for the team.
• Create marketing newsletters, playlists, pitch decks, songwriter one-sheets and other creative materials for internal and external use.
• Work closely with the team to develop and manage dozens of projects at a time across hundreds of writers/catalogs.
• Do research, write and present ideas for meetings and possible project development.
• Assist in copyright research as it pertains to Worldwide administration rights and requests from foreign territories
• Coordinate and confer with Company's internal departments, like Sync and A&R, as well as outside parties including, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, DSPs, etc.
• Aid with the procurement, ingestion, and dissemination of audio and other deliverables upon execution of new catalog deals
• Learn and work within our systems and databases; Monday.com, Salesforce, Mailchimp, and our propriety system, Sharp, Tango, etc.
• Maintain departmental meeting minutes and documents
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 1-2 years of Marketing, Project Management or experience in other creative industries.
• Fluency with or the willingness to learn the basics of Music Publishing.
• Experience writing or editing marketing mailers, social media posts or other marketing materials.
• Ability to take initiative and convert brainstorming sessions into straightforward, timely action items.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Ability to produce quality work, operate with flexibility in a fast-pace environment with evolving priorities and be accountable.
• Interest and knowledge of contemporary and classic popular music, and trends in new and traditional media.
• A strong desire to pitch in to help team members and a service-oriented approach to collaboration.
• Strong computer skills including Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Do we think this will be a big part of the role? This feels more solidly in Andrew's camp now as well as the PMs.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.