Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
**ALL APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT A COVER LETTER, RESUME AND TRANSCRIPT TO BE CONSIDERED**
Job Title: Counsel
A little bit about our team:
The legal department is located at the corporate headquarters of Warner Music Group (''WMG''). The legal department supports WMG and its operating companies in all corporate legal matters including employment, compliance, records management, litigation, mergers and acquisition, securities, digital licensing and intellectual property.
Here you'll get to:
- Draft and negotiate complex executive employment agreements, separation agreements and other employment-related agreements for employees and executives at WMG and all of WMG's operating companies in the US. Agreements include A&R agreements, producer agreements, and other incentive arrangements.
- Review and analyze comments on such agreements from outside attorneys and communicate with business units to receive input and make recommendations based on corporate policies and practices.
- Participate in M&A deals and JV deals, including with respect to transactional and employment issues.
- Draft various commercial agreements, including vendor agreements, staffing agreements and consulting agreements.
- Advise senior executives and HR generalists on employment-related issues. To this end, conduct legal research and advise on applicable developments in the law.
- Draft and review company policies and guidelines, including paid-time off and leave policies, licensing incentive plans A&R plans and sales commission plans.
- Conduct workshops and trainings for managers and employees about various topics such as the Family and Medical Leave Act, the Americans with Disabilities Act, related state and local laws, sexual harassment, discrimination and other legal subjects.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
- Strong negotiating skills and experience (in particular, the ability to lead and manage negotiations)
- Well practiced drafting skills (in particular, the ability to develop creative solutions in areas with evolving legal guidance)
- Ability to handle confidential matters with discretion and judgment
- Ability to effectively communicate and interact with senior executives of WMG and various levels of management
- Excellent time-management, organization and execution skills and ability to track multiple projects and deadlines
- Familiarity with, or an interest in, the recorded music business and music publishing industries, as well as related legal issues and recent develops is a plus.
- 1 – 3 years of legal experience, working at a law firm and/or within the music or entertainment industry.
- A cover letter and law school transcript are required to be considered for this position.
Required: JD required; NY state bar admission preferred
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Our Company is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national Origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Applicants with disabilities may be entitled to reasonable accommodation under the terms of the Americans with Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws and the Company complies with all applicable reasonable accommodation requirements which such laws may require. Accordingly, please inform the Company's Human Resources representative if you need an accommodation in order for you to complete any employment application-related forms or otherwise to participate in the application or selection process for the position for which you are applying. A reasonable accommodation is a change in the way things are normally done which will ensure an equal employment opportunity and will enable applicants to participate in the application and selection process and for employees to perform the essential functions of their jobs without imposing undue hardship on our Company. The Company also will make reasonable accommodations to an applicants or employee's religious beliefs and practices as may be required by law, unless an undue hardship would result.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.