Corporate Lead, Accounting
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 8/10/2020 9:29:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Corporate Lead, Accounting jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Corporate Lead, Accounting postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Corporate Lead, Accounting?
Full Time Job
Corporate Lead, Accounting
Job Title: Corporate Lead, Accounting
Why this could be your next big break:
The Corporate Lead, Accounting is responsible for providing leadership and direction to our Financial Shared Services Organization that performs the following finance and accounting functions on behalf of the US business units as well as Corporate:
• General Accounting – responsible for general ledger accounting, including monthly close, balance sheet reconciliations, eliminations, fixed assets, certain treasury accounting, indirect tax compliance, digital accounting and certain budget / forecast responsibilities
• Inventory Control – responsible for inventory accounting, costing, and direct purchase invoice processing
• Participations / P&D Contract Administration – responsible for administering agreements with artists and third parties, i.e., compiling statements to account to artists and third parties, processing payments, and month end accounting accruals and reconciliations
• Royalty Finance – responsible for analyzing royalty expense, accounting for advances, balance sheet account reconciliations, and other ad hoc analysis
Here you'll get to:
• Ensure effective financial internal controls; identify and remediate control gaps
• Lead team to prepare monthly, quarterly, and annual consolidated financial information and reports
• Acquisition integration
• Partner with corporate finance team for initial consolidations of the legal entities
• Participate in special projects as requested by business units and corporate
• Provide excellent customer service and develop / maintain strong relationships with different business unit finance organizations, including the respective CFO and VP of Finance
• Develop an environment of constant process improvement that results in definable projects that are delivered timely and result in cost savings to the entire organization
• Facilitate and bridge gaps between the areas of Finance, Accounting, IT, Strategy and Operations
• Develop, recommend, and implement all strategies relating to Financial Shared Services functions
• Monitor and analyze monthly operating results against budget
• Interact with internal and external auditors to resolve potential issues and new transactions
• Participate in ad hoc analysis and projects
• Build and manage relationships with the label/affiliates
• Manage and coordinate the provision of timely and high-quality service and delivery to the business
• Scope could expand to include additional functions or regions
Rockstar candidates will:
• Act as a strong leader who can influence and lead initiatives within the company, and manage and motivate
• Have the ability to achieve results through influence over external and internal parties who are not direct reports
• Act as a team player who can cooperate/collaborate with all business units and departments within the company
• Have the ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment which is crucial
• Possess solid project management skills, from initial idea through execution
• Demonstrate professional maturity with unquestioned personal and business integrity
• Exhibit the partnering, influencing, and communication skills to convey key elements in a concise and positive manner across a range of audiences and levels
• Possess knowledge of finance, accounting, budgeting and cost control principles including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• BA/BS in Accounting and CPA required
• 10-15 years of strong financial management or controllership experience
• Large, multinational company experience
• Driver of ''change'', and thinks creatively and strategically
• Strong understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley compliance
• Quantifiable examples of achievements and strong track record of success
• Experience in strong communication and strategy presentation
• SAP and HFM familiarity a plus
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.