Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
A little bit about our team:
The legal department is located at the corporate headquarters of Warner Music Group (''WMG''). The legal department supports WMG and its operating companies in all corporate legal matters, including information technology (IT), mergers and acquisition (M&A), securities, compliance, employment, records management, litigation, digital and intellectual property.
Why this could be your next big break:
This position is a unique opportunity to be a generalist in the corporate legal department of a global entertainment company and participate in a range of corporate activities and practice areas, with a focus on corporate, IT and M&A matters. The Counsel will primarily support the corporate, IT and M&A areas and work on various corporate matters/contracts, including assisting on compliance, securities and debt matters.
Here you'll get to:
• Draft, review and negotiate agreements and term sheets for investments, acquisitions and joint ventures.
• Manage and respond to inquiries from WMG business units related to contracts and legal agreements, including investments and acquisitions.
• Draft, review and negotiate various corporate agreements, including non-disclosure agreements, license agreements, outsourcing agreements, event contracts, facilities agreements, real estate leases and various vendor and services agreements.
• Provide support and assistance with debt financing, compliance, securities and related legal issues.
• Assist on corporate secretarial matters managing numerous domestic and global entities of the Company.
• Work closely with members of the legal group and teams from across the company to support numerous projects, including researching and analyzing various legal issues.
Rock star candidates will have:
• JD required
• 3-4 years of experience with a primary focus on corporate / M&A and at least several years in a major law firm.
• Some negotiation skills and experience.
• Developed drafting skills (in particular, the ability to develop creative solutions in areas with evolving legal guidance).
• Ability to manage a variety of responsibilities and multi-task in a sometimes fast-paced environment.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Motivated, team player and dedicated professional.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Familiarity with the recorded music and music publishing industries, as well as related legal issues and recent developments, helpful, but not required.
• P rior experience with technology, IT and/or vendor contracts preferred, but not required.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.