Coordinator, Wmg Sync Clearance
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, WMG Sync Clearance
Job Title: Coordinator, WMG Sync Clearance
Why this could be your next big break:
The Sync department offers clients a comprehensive licensing service. They work to serve recording artists by strategically developing new opportunities in film, TV, advertising, video games, and new media, and also by collaborating with the company's frontline recorded music labels.
Under direct supervision, with some latitude for independent judgment and decision, is responsible for providing clearance, negotiating, and administrative support to the Synchronization department.
Here you'll get to:
• Welcomes visitors, screens and directs phone calls/inquiries, processes expenses, processes incoming mail and correspondence, and prepares outgoing mail.
• Assists in performing research of the Company's rights and clears copyright provisions.
• Handles clearance and negotiation of quotes.
• Coordinates the handling of both telephone and correspondence from other related companies and producers requesting fee quotations and license requests for use of Company's products contained in its catalogue.
• Assists in the invoicing and licensing of company products.
• Provides departmental support for SVP, Licensing (this includes but may not be limited to the following areas: Licensing (Administration, Invoicing, Fee Negotiation, and Clearance).
• Researches the catalog both for published and unpublished new songs and becomes familiar with the Company product for future use in exploitation.
• Liaises with all departments of the company to coordinate and execute needs of the department.
• Special projects as needed.
• Handles and safeguards confidential and proprietary information.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to come to work on time without restriction as to time commitment.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to perform all diverse physical tasks necessary to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• A minimum of two (2) – three (3) years administrative support and relevant sync clearance, quoting, negotiating experience
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the requirements of position.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree is preferred, augmented by course work music publishing and/or business administration.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.