Coordinator, Sample Clearance
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/16/2024 10:29:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, Sample Clearance jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Sample Clearance postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Coordinator, Sample Clearance
A little bit about our team:
The WCM Sampling Department is responsible for the negotiation of WCM songs used in new songs and the creation of new copyrights. This includes all aspects of the Sample, Interpolation and Adaptation request process.
We're looking for enthusiastic applicants with attention to details and the ability to take direction in a productive manner. Under direct supervision and with some latitude for independent judgment the ideal candidate will be responsible for obtaining approvals, providing quotes, issuing and tracking invoices and drafting agreements.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage and obtain approvals, when necessary, and provide quotes to labels or clearance agents for WCM Sample requests.
• Perform research duties of the Company's rights to songs.
• Assist in copyright research as it pertains to Worldwide administration rights and requests from foreign territories.
• Coordinate and confer with Company's internal departments (copyright/sync/legal/A&R)as well as outside parties to include, but is not limited to, co-publishers, copyright owners, composers, their managers and/or attorneys, regarding clearance and ownership.
• Manage and is responsible for handling correspondence from parties requesting sample clearance requests for use of Company products contained in the catalogue.
• Must be able to effectively communicate internally and/or externally in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Must be able to work at and utilize all necessary functions of a computer in order to complete all the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
We'd love it if you also had:
• 2+ years of Music Publishing & Copyright experience
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of general business practices; demonstrate a high level of customer service and etiquette
• A strong work ethic
• Strong understanding of copyright, music publishing and music publishing income streams
• Strong organization skills and pay high attention to detail
• Strong communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to adhere to deadlines and execute on tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments
• Ability to produce quality work and be accountable
• Time management & prioritization skills
• Ability to be innovative and suggest change/improvements within scope of work
• Ability to be a self-starter, self-motivated, and take responsibility/ownership of tasks; think outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically
• Ability to consistently take initiative
• Knowledge & appreciation of Urban, Pop. Knowledgeable of current trends, new media, label and music outlets
• Produce playlists and song lists as requested
• Perform research duties of the Company's rights to songs
• Create and process expense reports
• Ability to ''accept'' explicit content involved with samples
• Baccalaureate degree with a major in Music Business
• Working knowledge of Monday.com and GLS
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
Hourly Rate: $23.60 - $25.64 hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.