Coordinator, Research & Analysis
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Research & Analysis
A little bit about our team:
The Research Analysis department works to influence WMG's strategy and optimize day-to-day operations through data and insights. This position sits within R A's global digital team, working with WEA Account Management, labels, international teams, and Business Development. Responsibilities will include providing labels with the information and tools they need in order to successfully navigate the digital landscape. The ideal candidate will also perform analysis to help identify trends and establish best practices for breaking hits and sustaining catalog repertoire at these services. Additional responsibilities will include gauging the impact of marketing initiatives and campaigns.
Why this could be your next big break:
Data is the lifeblood of today's record business, and in this role, you'll get a chance to apply your creativity and problem-solving skills to some massive amounts of data to help our labels and artists connect with fans. Because the R A team works closely with departments all across the company, you will have the opportunity to see the inner workings and decision-making of a global record label - and the chance to influence those decisions with analysis. We're a collaborative team that loves learning new things, sharing ideas, thinking about the future of the music industry – and helping our company get there.
Here you'll get to:
• Develop a body of knowledge around reporting systems and chart rules to provide support to labels and senior staff as needed
Produce and circulate weekly sales and marketing reports to the company
• Perform analysis on partner trends, market conditions, campaigns and user behavior for internal partners including account management and labels
• Monitor the competitive landscape and the overall music scene to provide partners with strategic guidance
• Communicate findings and insights to senior management to establish best practices and benchmarks, and to guide analysis into action and results
• Collaborate with R A team members to explore research projects and help develop the collective body of knowledge on streaming
• Handle various ad hoc requests and projects within the R A team and assist other team members as needed
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word) - advanced Excel skills preferred, i.e. Pivot tables, VLookups, etc.
• Results-oriented with strong analytical skills and problem-solving ability
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly and effectively
• Well-organized and capable of handling multiple projects at a time
• Intellectually curious
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's Degree preferred
• 0-1 years of experience
• Familiarity with the streaming music landscape
• Experience with SQL
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.