Coordinator, Release Planning
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Release Planning Coordinator
A little bit about our team:
The Release Planning team at Atlantic Records is?dedicated to ensuring that our music products (audio, video and beyond) are managed from A&R handoff to commercial availability, intersecting and connecting all of the moving parts across A&R Administration, Product Management, Business Affairs, Creative, and Production. This team is critical to both the operations of our product planning/delivery system, as well as communication within the company as the owners of the master release schedule.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is an opportunity to work at one of the most historic and successful record companies in the world, in the center of the action. If paying attention to detail, anticipating anything that might go wrong, learning from your mistakes, and working behind the scenes to get things done sounds just like you, this is your opportunity. If you are a born project manager, love managing in an incredibly fast-paced, complex environment, and get excited about constant learning, we should talk. You will hold a critical role with access and communication across all levels within the company, and access to senior management to help shape the role and this new department as we evolve.
Here you'll get to:
• Manage the product release schedule by interfacing with key staff on each product status across the following departments: A&R, A&R Administration, Business Affairs, Creative (Art & Video), Product Management, Marketing Operations, and Production.
• Assess each project's specific needs and prioritize accordingly.
• Ensure all products are clear for release and lead the charge if they are not. Communicate urgently when issues arrive across all levels of the organization.
• Provide timely communication regarding the status of each project (i.e., alerting business affairs of legal issues, notifying artist/management of production deadlines, advising senior management of potential project overages or delays).
• Help develop processes, solutions and efficiencies in a rapidly changing and evolving environment.
• You are a great problem solver. Even more so, you have the ability to anticipate issues before they arise and adjust accordingly.
• You are service-oriented and willing to take on tasks that are not part of the job description.
• You work well and understand how to communicate with different types of people with different perspectives and motivations.
• You are able to understand and execute complex processes and explain them to others in simple terms.
• You are able to shift gears comfortably and maintain composure when under pressure.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Project management expertise and experience in a process-centric, operational role.
• Basic understanding of the music creative, production and distribution process.
• Encyclopedic musical knowledge.
• An insatiable desire to learn and be challenged.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at Atlantic Records and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.