Coordinator, Release Operations
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Release Operations
Why this could be your next big break:
This role is a unique opportunity to work with exciting independent labels, guiding them, and getting their creative content to the masses. In addition to being at the forefront of new releases, this role also has visibility and engagement in new methods of music consumption. As a liaison between label partners and production teams, this is a role that requires critical thinking and an operations mindset while also working on music from your favorite indie artists.
Here you'll get to:
• Guide labels through a project's release to the marketplace
• Support Label Ops by collecting pre-release links, ensuring digital store matches the label's intent for the release, whitelisting, and more.
• Review new release book to ensure it is comprehensive and accurate
• Assist with new catalog ingestions
• Troubleshoot release issues
• Coordinate changes to releases before and after launch
• Run reports for Label Operations and other departments
• Proactively look for opportunities to improve processes and standards
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Have strong attention to detail
• Have excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Strive under pressure and tight deadlines
• Be quick to understand new computer software systems
• Possess advanced proficiency in Excel
• Have an interest in the independent music sector
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• 1-2 years experience
• Music industry experience
• Experience in scheduling and operations
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page,or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.
A little bit about our team:
Release operations is key to the core function of the company. In the Label Operations department, we work to ensure that the creative content from the labels are distributed out to the market correctly, on time, and set up to industry and artistic standards. This role interfaces closely with both labels and other production teams to work toward the central goal of releasing content be it singles, albums, preorders, videos, and more. This position walks the line between meeting the creative vision of an artist, and following guidelines set forth by the industry. Getting product to market is the backbone of a sales, marketing and distribution company.