Coordinator, International A&R
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 2/11/2021 6:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, International A&R jobs in New York-NY
Search all Coordinator, International A&R postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, International A&R? Coordinator, International A&R
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after International A&R team.
A little bit about our team:
Coordinator, International A&R is expected to support the VP, International A&R with collaborations and artist features, as well as assist in the development of existing signings by helping to identify songs, songwriters and producers. They will also co-operate with and connect WMG's A&R executives around the world . They will be an additional A&R resource and creative support across Warner Music's recorded music labels, including Atlantic, Elektra and Warner Records and the international affiliates.
Here you'll get to:
• Expected to develop strong relationships and constantly interface with Global Marketing team around the world
• Must know global roster as well as develop knowledge of other label's appropriate international artists
• Primary support for all A&R; provide co-A&R direction on assigned projects
• Develop strong relationships quickly and consistently
• Communicate effectively with talent, producers, and songwriters.
• Knowledge of current and future trends in music, music business, and pop culture a must
• Possess a high degree of credibility and influence inside and outside company.
• Have the poise, confidence, and talent to work on several projects simultaneously all at the highest level of quality
• Ability to run studio sessions at the most efficient and effective level
• Working knowledge of basic studio functions
• Unique and proven ability to identify new talent that can be a commercially viable asset for the company
• Coordinate with A&R administration to process warner related invoices such as work for hires, consultancy invoices, producer fees, etc.
• Assist in researching new acts and producers for the Warner Music roster projects and act as a liaison between the creative officer, our artists, and the management companies that represent them.
• Assist in coordinating record production; work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists to ensure production deadlines are met.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Extensive network within all levels of music i.e.: Managers, Lawyers, Publishers, Booking Agents, Songwriters, Producers, Independent Labels & Publicists
• Must have deep knowledge of pop and hip hop music
• At least 1 year of assisting a highly active entertainment or media executive
• Microsoft Office and iTunes and ftp website knowledge
• Knowledge and relationships throughout the entertainment field preferred
• Protocols experience preferred
• Familiarity with industry resources, such as Mediabase and Sound Scan
• Ability to execute in new and unfamiliar situations
• Ability to develop strong relationships with counterparts and coworkers.
• Ability to multi-task and respond quickly to emails and calls at any time of day or night (including weekends)
• Must be able to get results in a timely fashion under all circumstances
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Very organized especially in use of iTunes, email, and file management
• Professional and able to work under pressure with high-profile clients
• Hardworking and highly motivated
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
• Natural sense of urgency
• Excellent organizational and time-management skills
• Bachelor's Degree preferred.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.