Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing
You will co-report to the Directors of Mechanical Licensing and Income Tracking. This dual role is a great opportunity to learn multiple facets of music administration and will provide great foundational knowledge in music publishing administration.
A little bit about our team:
The Mechanical Licensing department licenses the mechanical rights to all WCM songs released by our sister label Warner Music Group, to collect the royalties earned from their distribution and sale of CDS, Downloads and Streams.
The Income Tracking department verifies, analyses, and ensures that WMG reports and remits accurate accountings of those royalties earned from the sales of CDs, Downloads and Streams licensed by the Mechanical Licensing Department for the U.S. and Canada.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love music and a desire to learn the business of music this could be the position for you.
Here you'll get to:
Internally, you will work closely with the other teams that contribute to the administration of our copyrights:
• (Contract and Copyright Administration, Royalties, A&R, Business Affairs, Finance, Foreign Affiliates),
• Work directly with WMG, DSPs, and their respective licensing agents (HFA, TheMLC)
• Track sales for all WCM Copyright released in the US and Canada by using
• Music Connect, Spotify Analytics, Billboard Charts, and other tools
• Analyze royalty statements to reconcile and to ensure the units, percentages and rates are royalties are accurately paid
• Follow up with licensees to investigate and resolve any discrepancies discovered from these analyses
• Perform analyses on assigned deals (deal health checks), analyze statements to create quarterly reports regarding these functions and other assigned projects within the scope of income tracking.
• Superior organizational skills, can work independently and able to prioritize
• Knowledge of and the ability to calculate statutory rates and controlled rate provisions and understand an interpret Artist contracts
• Strong proficiencies in Microsoft Office's Excel: Pivot tables, VLOOKUP's, Word, and PowerPoint applications
• Mathematical and data analytical skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem solving)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in mechanical licensing or copy right administration is a necessity
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.