Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 11/25/2019 3:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire a Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing? Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative Administration department at Warner Chappell Music.
Job Title: Coordinator, Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing
A little bit about our team:
The Income Tracking department is responsible for verifying and analyzing all royalty payments for any releases in the U.S. and Canada which contain Warner Chappell Copyrights, to ensure the licensees have reported and remitted accurate accountings of royalties earned in a timely fashion. The Mechanical Licensing department's main focus is the clearing and licensing of all WCM songs released in physical and digital audio format, as well as the quickly developing responsibilities for digital administration. Both departments are vital to the service Warner Chappell provides to its songwriter clients.
You will be co-reporting to the SVP, Admin and the Directors of Income Tracking and Mechanical Licensing.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love music and a desire to learn the business of music this could be the position for you!
You will work closely with the following teams (Copyright Administration, Mechanical Licensing, Royalties, Artist and Repertoire, Finance, Business Affairs and our foreign affiliates), to understand the licensing processes, rates, royalties and the administration of our copyrights and the collection of the royalties earned from their exploitation.
This dual role is a great opportunity to learn multiple facets of music administration and will provide a great knowledge base in the world of music publishing.
Here you'll get to:
• Work directly with major and independent record labels and their respective licensing agents
• Track sales for any Warner Chappell Copyright released in the US and Canada
• Analyze royalty statements for those sales to ensure units, percentages and rates are accurately paid
• Follow up with licensees to investigate and resolve and discrepancies regarding the royalties reported to Warner Chappell
• Under supervision, analyze data to create reports for department and company-wide distribution
• Working closely with internal departments, record labels, various major publishers, and the Harry Fox Agency, responsible for obtaining mechanical licenses for Warner Chappell compositions
• Provide assistance, as needed, for research projects including licensing reports and Copyright details
• Assist the SVP, Administration in handling phone calls, expense reports and other as-needed projects.
Rockstar candidates will be able to / will have:
• Superior organizational skills, can work independently and able to prioritize
• Knowledge of and the ability to calculate statutory rates and controlled rate provisions
• Read and understand Artist contracts
• Strong proficiencies using Microsoft Office's Excel, including pivot tables and VLOOKUP's, Word and PowerPoint applications
• Mathematical and data analytical skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving)
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in mechanical licensing or copyright administration is a necessity
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. WMG will consider employment for qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box).
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.