Coordinator, Digital Media Archivist
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
`At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
A little bit about our team: Global Asset Management is responsible for the management of master assets across all of WMG. This includes audio, video, photographic, and art assets used in the production of WMG products. Global Asset Management is also responsible for the quality control, and distribution of assets that feed the physical and digital supply chain, including current releases and legacy content. This department has the additional responsibility of maintaining the high quality of digitization standards across all media types as well as a high quality of data integrity that allows for the swift location and deployment of assets on the behalf of WMG.
Your role: As Digital Media Archivist you will be responsible for archiving of born-digital audio masters for artists signed to WMG Labels including Atlantic Records, Warner Records, 300 Elektra Ent., Nonesuch and more. This involves working with A&R, producers, and engineers to receive content, upload to digital repositories, catalog, and generate delivery reports, while ensuring deliveries meet WMG standards. You will also support Library operations researching and delivering audio for creation of new products such as Dolby Atmos mixes and archiving of Immersive content. Here you will represent one of the largest music archives in existence and a company that continues to grow and thrive in today's industry.
Here you'll get to:
• You will collaborate with A&R teams at various labels, WMG Studios, as well as third party engineers and producers
• You will receive audio via secure digital delivery platforms, reviewing files to ensure they meet WMG's delivery requirements
• You will upload content to on-prem network and cloud storage repositories
• You will enter metadata into asset management systems and databases, producing delivery reports shared with A&R
• You will work closely with A&R to receive revised masters ensuring final versions are archived
• You will utilize troubleshooting skills to identify and report any technical issues to Labels
• You will conduct database research to identify sources and supply content used for creation of new products such as remixes and Dolby Atmos
• You will support Immersive Audio production receiving new mixes to archive and distribute to WMG studios for digital supply chain integration
• You will perform light audio engineering tasks such as file conversion, simple editing, and DAT transfers
• You will archive digital video and film transfers to on-prem network and cloud storage
• You will support implementation of archival standards and operational procedures
• You will migrate data from Legacy media formats such as hard drives, DVDROMs and other formats
• You will work closely with the Digital Preservation team in prioritization and creation of digital archive packages
• You will stay up to date on current audio technologies, industry trends and business initiatives
• You have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
• You have outstanding organizational skills and strong attention to detail
• You have at least 1-2 years' experience in audio production with an understanding of production processes and commonly used terminology
• You have knowledge of digital audio and video file and physical media formats
• You have strong technical abilities and are proficient with Pro Tools and other DAWs
• You can troubleshoot technical issues and provide assistance to others
• You have great time management skills and thrive working in a fast-paced environment
• You are adaptable and efficiently prioritize workload and responsibilities
• You are comfortable working on multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
• You are self-motivated
• You can demonstrate composure and a strong work ethic
• You enjoy research projects
• You enjoy working both independently and in a team environment
• You have experience retrieving files from servers, hard drives, DVDROMs and other media
• You have experience working with databases and Digital Asset Management systems
We'd love it if you also had:
• A degree in Audio Production or Library Sciences preferred
• Experience working in a studio, archive, or library
• Music industry work experience
• Knowledge of Digital Asset Management systems
• Knowledge of WMG artists and Labels
• Experience in coding or software development