Coordinator, Digital Marketing - Black Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Coordinator, Digital Marketing - Black Music
A little bit about our team:
The Digital team at Atlantic Records is a full-service, agency-like marketing team, dedicated to building artist careers through the intersection of music and technology. We are responsible for all digital strategy and marketing for all artists on the roster, acting as artist partners in our 360 relationships, across music, touring, merch, and all other aspects of the artist career. Through creative marketing campaigns, we build online and mobile fan communities, with an eye towards evolving the way that fans listen to, participate in, and purchase music and related products. We create, market, distribute and optimize content, develop and implement CRM/fan acquisition strategies, and work with new, engaging digital platforms and startups.
This role is perfect for someone who understands how to organize creatives. You will provide direct operational support to digital marketers, helping make sure everything properly is in order for music and video releases. You will help streamline communication with all departments. You will help keep designers and marketers meet deadlines. You will help make sure that as things change everyone who needs to know is getting updates. You will make sure all digital content is uploaded and optimized correctly, and all online profiles are always updated. You will set up vendors and process invoices. You will organize, catalog, and distribute all release assets.
The ideal candidate is interested in the day-to-day operational facets of a music release AND new technology. They are highly organized with exceptional attention to detail. They have the ability to manage multiple tasks at once and effectively prioritize. They can anticipate needs and changes, then react efficiently with sound judgment. They are resourceful and can work autonomously, take initiative, and demonstrate excellent follow-through. They can work in fast paced environment with tight deadlines, while staying friendly, polite, and calm. They can communicate effectively and with confidence. They have excellent computer and phone skills, and are adept at quickly learning new processes and technologies.
If you love new challenges daily - this could be the gig for you.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide direct operational support to the digital marketing team in all areas of a music or video release
• Coordinate with internal teams and 3rd party designers / developers to produce all assets for a digital release - links, banners, social skins, landing pages, CRM blasts, artist websites, apps, interactive games and experiences
• Help with content distribution campaigns
• Set up social media accounts and repurpose optimized content across platforms
• Assist in the creation of all digital marketing materials for internal and external teams (editorial & social calendars, timelines and presentations)
• Traffic assets and creative to help launch advertising and content distribution campaigns with various platforms
• Analyze campaign & streaming data and create weekly marketing summaries and reports
• Manage the digital marketing team calendars and assist in setting up meetings, conference calls
• Attend company meetings in connection with assigned projects, take thoughtful and thorough notes, and provide the team with timely feedback and follow-up regarding any action items
• You have a BS or BA in Marketing, Communications, or similar
• You have a passion for music and tech - we know you're at you're best when you're doing what you love and are looking for Rockstar candidates that LOVE the internet, technology, social and music
• You have AMAZING organizational abilities
• You can multitask and prioritize
• You can manage multiple deadlines and urgent tasks
• You are willing to learn a little bit of everything, and open to take on anything
• You are insanely detail-oriented
• You are excellent at listening, interpreting, and communicating
• You are creative
• You are a self-starter
• You are curious and ask questions
We'd love it if you also had:
• Previous assistant experience
• Working knowledge of interactive technologies and communication tools including email, social media, and viral marketing techniques (TikTok, Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Discord, YouTube, SoundCloud, Snapchat, etc.)
• An understanding of what content moves online conversations
• Experience and knowledge of streaming platforms
• Some experience with Photoshop, basic HTML, social media publishing tools and video editing
• Juggler & multi-tasker extraordinaire! Proven excellence in prioritization, time management and follow up skills with an attention to detail
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining wh