Coordinator, Contract Administration
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-orienteted mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Coordinator, Contract Administration
A little bit about our team:
The Warner Chappell Copyright team oversees and processes all newly written, released, recorded by our writers in addition to any new catalogs WCM aquires. We are the point of entry for the assets that make our company the success it is.
This role will assist the Warner Chappell Copyright team. Under general supervision, with latitude for independent judgment and decision; assists their specific area of the department with administration, processing, and research of the Warner Chappell song catalog. This area is responsible for the set-up, registration, and servicing of newly delivered songs, create data reports as general support to Copyright area , CWR, ISRC search, Letter of Direction support, Catalog requests, (Excel/Tableau), monitor registration status of assets.
Here you'll get to:
• Evaluates and answers general inquiries related to their area of specialty that are received.
• Researches and responds to inquiries related to claims, counter-claims, and split-disputes.
• Coordinates and interacts with representatives of the Legal, Licensing, Royalties and Finance Departments as well as, the Harry Fox Agency, BMI, ASCAP, record companies, and the general public regarding copyright issues.
• Handles label copy, split requests and copyright notice requests.
• Send supporting documentation pertaining to isputes and conflicts
• Research ISRC Codes
• Support Contract Administration -Letter of Direction servicing
• Assists with album processing, catalog updates, research projects, affiliate notifications, song file imaging, song entry and various other projects assigned by management.
• Submits PA registrations at the copyright office
• Must be able to read and understand materials and documents and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data and information.
• Support Copyright Team in coordinating report requests (catalogs, CWR registration status reports in addition to CWR registration review foreign and domestic, Tableau)
• Must be able to work at and utilize all functions of a computer if necessary up to at least 10 hours a day to perform the required tasks and create and develop the necessary reports to summarize the results of research and projects and to communicate with others in the Company and with those necessary outside of the Company.
• A high school level education to be augmented by course work in business administration, and copyright law, and
• At least two (2) years of relevant experience in business administration, and/or copyright administration, preferably in a music publishing company, or
• A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields and/or educational disciplines, sufficient to qualify for the duties of position.
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Hourly Rate: $17.95-$24.00 hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.
Links to relevant documents:
2023 Benefits At A Glance final.pdf
EVerify Participation Poster.pdf
Right To Work - English.pdf
Right to Work - Spanish.pdf