Coordinator, Commerce & Marketing
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Coordinator, Commerce & Marketing
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
A little bit about our team:
ADA Worldwide strives to provide independent artists and label partners with access to the resources, relationships and experience required to share their creative vision with a global audience. We honor our diverse history and embrace the future with unwavering passion & ambition.
As the independent sales and marketing arm of Warner Music Group, the ADA Label Management team works closely with distributed artists and label partners to help realize our common goals for promoting music on a global basis while optimizing sales opportunities. The Commerce & Marketing team sits at the center of ADA, collaborating with label management, operations, services, finance, business affairs and the whole of Warner Music Group.
Why this could be your next big break:
This role is a unique opportunity to work with exciting independent artists and label partners while helping ADA's commercial and marketing teams guide labels and helping to get their creative to the masses. In addition to being at the forefront of a distribution community, this position has the visibility and engagement in all the new methods of music delivery and consumption. This position will have the ability to make a meaningful impact on ADA's business; while also developing relationships with our label partners, DSP's, artists, employees and co-workers.
Here you'll get to:
• Help assist the Executive Vice President of Commerce and Marketing.
• Communicate your deep passion and interest in music across all genres!
• Serve as a key liaison in the creation and timely delivery of key sales and marketing collateral both on the account and internal facing side.
• Learn and maintain an acute understanding of commercial and marketing initiatives around key Digital Service Providers (Spotify, Apple Music, YouTube, Amazon, Pandora etc.) and how they intersect with socials
• Work closely with ADA Digital team on pitches for playlisting consideration.
• Work with the Warner Music Research + Analytics on various projects.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Provide support to the EVP of Commerce & Marketing to help coordinate efforts while helping to provide additional support on an as-needed basis to our commercial team(s).
• Pro-actively maintain and coordinate meeting calendars.
• Create, organize and disseminate weekly internal marketing and sales reports.
• Maintain and source information for ''best practices'' and account opportunity dashboard (North Star).
• Assist EVP and commercial team with Marketing and Sales information around new releases and on-going priorities for various account communications.
• Work with label services to learn, understand, and analyze demographics that make up artists' fan bases and how to maximize connectivity across sales and marketing platforms.
• Analyze results of marketing efforts as well as other appropriate contextual marketing conditions; identify key opportunities and communicate these internally/externally when needed.
• Clearly maintain appropriate historical records on projects to help future planning needs.
• Serve as liaison with independent marketing companies to facilitate record label's marketing/promotional efforts
• Liaise with external label staff to maintain successful, productive working partnerships.
• Communicate status of, and issues relating to, album releases to key executives and all departments company wide.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• 1-2 years of meaningful music industry experience with an emphasis on consumer-based/digital marketing experience.
• Keen interest and knowledge of Digital Service Providers and key social platforms.
• Strong pro-active communication, time management/team building skills, attention to detail and organizational skills required (both verbal and written)-with the ability to write and clearly help communicate and advocate on our behalf.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize multiple projects across multiple verticals with superior attention to detail.
• Quick adaptability with the ability to establish quick relationships.
• Manage very high volumes of internal/external meetings and correspondence.
• Major proficiency in Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook with design skills a major plus.
• College degree preferred.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.