Coordinator, Clearance & Licensing Admin
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 2/13/2023 11:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, Clearance & Licensing Admin jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Clearance & Licensing Admin postings
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Coordinator, Clearance/Licensing Admin, Visual Media Licensing
A little bit about our team:
The Visual Media Licensing department represents recorded music sync rights for WMG's artists and offers clients a comprehensive sync licensing service. They work to serve WMG's extensive catalog and the company's frontline record labels by strategically developing new opportunities in film, television, advertising, video games, and new media.
Responsible for fielding and negotiating requests from sync clients for music uses in all areas of sync. Knowledge of the Warner Music Group catalog and front-line releases from the labels is imperative.
As a Coordinator of Clearance and Licensing Administration you will have the opportunity to demonstrate and further develop your skills in a dynamic and exciting role. This position will directly report to both the VP of Clearance and the VP of Licensing Administration, in addition to closely working with their respective teams. You will be responsible for maintaining relationships with WMG's labels, your external clients, and actively contributing to development of the sync department. You will positively impact the VML department by being organized, proactive and by integrating a spirited approach to multi-tasking in a fast-paced environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Clearance negotiation (film festivals, student films, etc.)
• Asset coordination
• Database maintenance
• Generating artist sync history reports
• Circulating upcoming tv series & theatrical release schedules
• Verifying rights with label Business Affairs teams
• Supporting the greater department through administrative assistance
• Liaising with labels to track deal statuses
• Negotiating rights and handling data input for high volume shows
• Communicating confirmed sync uses to global teams on a weekly basis
• Prepare sync licenses
• Analyze, review and resolve license revision requests with clients.
• Track outstanding licenses and receipt of license fees, royalties and other payments from clients.
• Research projects
• Effectively communicate with all colleagues and clients in a manner consistent with the company's Code of Conduct and core values.
• Digest materials/documents, and have the ability to recognize and extract critical data.
• Perform all tasks necessary to complete the essential duties and responsibilities of the position.
• General computer skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office with an understanding of general business practices.
• Demonstrate a high level of customer service.
• Possess a strong work ethic.
• Exceptional orginazational skills with high attention to detail.
• Advanced communication skills (written and verbal),
• Ability to adhere to deadlines, execute tasks and handle multiple, diverse assignments while producing quality work with accountability.
• Manage time productively
• Ability to work well on a team.
• Demonstrate ability to be innovative and suggest change or improvements related to department procedures/protocols.
• Thinks outside the box proactively, strategically and analytically.
• Demonstrate flexibility and adaptability to changing situations
• Handle and safeguard confidential and proprietary information.
We'd love it if you also had:
• A baccalaureate degree with a major in music [music business preferred]
• A minimum of one (1) - two (2) years of experience in the music or entertainment business preferably in sync licensing with some clearance or licensing experience.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier record labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. Our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Range
$17.95 to $20.51 Hourly
Job Posting Ranges are included for all New York and California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be loca