Coordinator, Catalog Marketing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 9/9/2022 11:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, Catalog Marketing jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Catalog Marketing postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Coordinator, Catalog Marketing
A little bit about our team: Rhino Entertainment is the catalog division of Warner Music Group, responsible for product development and marketing for Warner's vast, eclectic roster of iconic artists, labels, albums, and songs. The Catalog Marketing Coordinator role will be part of the U.S. marketing department which oversees marketing, product development, PR, promotion, and paid media.
Your role: Our new coordinator has the opportunity to work alongside and learn from the strategists, marketers, and A&R directors responsible for some of the most critically acclaimed releases in recent years from beloved artists including Joni Mitchell, Grateful Dead, Madonna, Aretha Franklin, Fleetwood Mac, Eagles, and more. This person will be part of a dynamic team re-imagining what it means to develop and market deep catalog albums in a streaming world, crafting releases that will introduce timeless hits and forgotten gems to new generations of fans, and help protect and grow the legacies of iconic artists for the foreseeable future. This position is a great platform for someone looking to get into the music industry to learn the foundational skills at the intersection of art and commerce, and to use those skills to grow inside the company.
The Catalog Marketing Coordinator will have a keenly particular eye for detail and a passion for ensuring their work is completed efficiently and correctly at all times. Thriving in our fast-paced environment will require this individual to be an organized self-starter and natural-born multi-tasker; executing on detailed marketing plans and administrative tasks while communicating & coordinating program requirements cross-departmentally.
Here you'll get to:
• Work closely and collaboratively with U.S. marketing leads and other members of the department with research, reports, analysis and other general support
• Organize ticket buys, communicate with venues and promoters, and track confirmations/will call info for recipients while maintaining an overall ticketing budget
• Facilitate successful marketing campaigns by managing the purchase order process and all marketing department invoice processing
• Manage budgets and act as a point person for all new and existing vendors to ensure accounts are set up to be paid
• Oversee general office and department duties such as keeping meeting notes as well as administrative tasks such as ordering office supplies
• Compile promo allocations for US team and ensure timely submission to production
• Learn each step of the process of producing physical music product and work as a liaison between the production and content development teams
• Work closely with our UK and international teams to assist and lead in project management of marketing campaigns for Ex-US repertoire releases
• Manage release schedules and calendars in a dynamic and fast-paced retail, viral, and supply chain-influenced environment
• Facilitate communications between multiple teams and project managers
• Work with the art team to create quick-turn digital assets for trending moments
• Work alongside the A&R admin team to ensure that all paperwork and relevant metadata related to every single, album, and video release is accurate, consistent, and complete
• Maintain a department database and notes for designers, editors etc.
• Coordinate artist & employee travel and expense reports as needed
• Ensure department storage is organized and inventory is updated
• Assist executive team with company organized functions and holiday parties
Rockstar candidates will have:
• 1-2 years professional experience in admnistrative role, entertainment and/or music industry preferred
• Bachelor's Degree with focus on marketing, communications or advertising preferred
• Proficiency in Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with photo and video editing software (Adobe Creative Suite, Final Cut, etc.) preferred
• Strong leadership skills and the ability to collaborate with team members to develop and execute strategic projects
• Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task across an eclectic variety of projects in a fast-paced environment
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to effectively work and communicate with both creative and business-oriented colleagues and partners
• Passion for a wide variety of music artists and genres along with knowledge of how to speak to their fanbases
• A commitment to diversity and inclusion with proven success creating and sustaining a diverse, open and inclusive culture
• Ability to multi-task, ensure meticulous attention to detail, prioritize and work well under pressure & deadlines in a fast-paced, high-volume environment
• Ability to work well independently, take initiative, identify potential issues & successfully problem-solve with sound business deliverables
• Interest in learning how to handle invoicing, PO generation, and other key business processes
• Current understanding on today's music industry environment including streaming/digital platforms
• Ability to effectively optimize processes and efficiencies, and manage budgets
• Self-motivated and comfortable working in a remote environ