Coordinator, Catalog Ingestion
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 1/3/2023 5:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Coordinator Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Coordinator, Catalog Ingestion jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Coordinator, Catalog Ingestion postings
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
Based in London, Nashville, New York and LA, the WEA Release Management team is involved in the production of digital releases originating from the main US labels (WR, ATL, Rhino), UK labels (WR UK, ATL UK, Parlophone UK, East/West) and the 3rd party distributed labels (ADA US and ADA UK). It is also home to the Central Scheduling Team who set up all releases from wholly owned labels outside of the repertoire owners' domestic market.
The Catalog Ingestion Coordinator role sits within the Release Management team. The Catalog Ingestion Team focuses on increasing the speed that WMG can ingest catalogs once deals have been agreed, either as distribution or acquisition. You will be working in an ever-changing, fast paced environment to help the team ensure newly acquired catalogs are ingested into the supply chain and delivered to partners in a timely manner.
Previously, Catalog Ingestion was an additional effort across many digital production specialists from different departments alongside their day-to-day roles. Warner Music Group has since committed to a dedicated team of individuals that sit across different departments but are fully focused on catalog ingestion projects.
This commitment from the company means it is a great opportunity for a candidate to come in and have a big impact.
Here you'll get to:
Assist and provide support to managers in the Catalog Ingestion process:
• Maintain and distribute documentation used by our team
• Check product workability in dBOM and update reports accordingly
• Track asset issues in dBOM report: missing audio, audio QC, artwork QC, etc.
• Assist with preparing digital products (e.g. Artwork) for delivery for accounts
• Research original release dates to ensure accuracy
• Stay on top of new developments with regards to internal processes as well as what's happening in the music industry and how it affects the catalog ingestion process
• Support the wider Release Management team during busy periods
• General administrative duties
• Carry out ad-hoc tasks as needed
This role requires candidates with the following skills:
• You have strong Excel skills (ideally to an advanced level) and are open and inquisitive in learning new technologies and processes. Much of what we do is based on utilizing bespoke systems to release our products in a very coordinated way
• You are able to demonstrate excellent multitasking, organization and time management skills with an ability to prioritize within the workload and meet deadlines
• You need exceptional attention to detail and analytical skills. This role is all about seeing the detail and we want candidates who are naturally curious and who triple-check their work to ensure it is right
• You thrive under-pressure. The stakes are high in this particular role and we need someone who is calm, composed and meticulous with the ability to maintain focus and accuracy in a fast-moving environment
• As we are providing a service to both internal and external labels, it's is imperative that you have great interpersonal and communications skills who will excel in an inclusive environment
• Most importantly, have a love for music including a keen interest in the digital music industry in particular distribution and supply chain elements. You don't have to be a musician, but we want someone who would feel gratified in knowing that they are contributing to the overall cause
We'd love it if you also had:
• 1-2 years experience of working within digital supply chains
• Any editing or proofreading experience
• Any experience using Photoshop
• A good collaborative attitude is a big thing to us. We work closely within our own team and with other teams
• We are looking for someone who gets along easily with people and is a good teammate
• A university degree preferred (or equivalent) in any relevant field
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away.