Coordinator, Admin & Production
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere. Our people and culture are at the epicenter of our company, and we are looking for team members who share our service-oriented mindset and have a passion for looking after our songwriters.
As the global music publishing arm of Warner Music Group (WMG), we're a collective band of music lovers, innovative connectors, and relentless supporters of our songwriters and catalog of iconic works. We lead with curiosity, collaborate across departments, borders, languages, and genres, and we're committed to delivering on the promises we make to each other and to our songwriters.
Coordinator, Admin & Production
A little bit about our team:
WCM Nashville is an exciting place to work! We are very team-oriented in our approach as we support songs & songwriters in the Nashville music community. This role will be primarily working alongside Administration team.
It is important that you keep a good reputation as collaborator within our team and maintain an attitude of service always towards songwriter and clients of WCM.
Under general direction, with some latitude for independent judgment and decision, performs work related to operations of recording devices necessary for creating new tape material and duplicating of both audio and video copies of various digital formats, Dats and tapes, and performs ancillary and semi-technical functions as an aid to the staff of the office. Entering and confirming the integrity of song data. Manage the Nashville song catalog. Employee will stay current on catalog and audio technology.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinates all audio and production needs in WCM Nashville office, including live audio for office performances and assisting writers with audio needs in writer rooms.
• Resets writer room equipment daily.
• Maintains audio files, metadata, and updates catalog of sound recordings.
• Secures missing demo audio files.
• Works with partner companies and newly signed writers to efficiently deliver new song information to WCM.
• Entering new song data and maintaining the integrity of existing catalog data in WCM's publishing administration system, Tango.
• Assists in creation of label copy provided to record labels.
• Uploads master audio and meta-data into DSP systems for commercial releases.
• Works on various administration team projects including research and correction of information registered with PROs, MLC, etc.
• Uploads and tags audio in WCM's creative system, ARROW.
• Compiles and distributes weekly playlist in ARROW of new songs, to all members of Nashville's creative team.
• Updated and maintains pitch log in ARROW.
• Maintains duplication supplies in a cost effective manner.
• Test new functionality and enhancements to the ARROW system.
• Coordinate tagging of WCM catalog with Musimap.
• Populates GLS creative synchronization systems with new assets – demos and commercially released material – as well as tagging and linking Tango Work IDs to assets.
• Captures newly released songs every Friday. Researches missing song information for all newly released songs and enters that information into Tango. Enters First Use information in Tango and uploads audio for those songs to GLS.
• Formats and catalogs lyrics as they are delivered by songwriters. Provides lyrics when requested by writers, publishers, and record labels.
• Updates certain digital writer files with titles, co-writer, and catalog information.
• Extracts, duplicates and distributes existing cassettes, Dats, reels, tapes, and digital recordings from Iron Mountain storage facility for use by Creative staff, artists, affiliates, writers, agents and related representatives for their use in exploiting WCM's catalog of songs.
• Assists in the demo billing process by locating and providing demo audio to publishers.
• Digitizes physical CD, Reel, and DAT assets as needed.
• Makes quality audio/video copies by operating and maintaining a number of duplicating machines and devices, including electronic equipment such as stereo-audio, multi-track recording, equipment, etc. related to the duplication and dissemination of recorded songs and services tape orders of Company songwriters.
• Performs ancillary clerical duties including filing and mailing of tapes and operation of various other office equipment including computer inputs and sundry administrative assignments from the professional staff.
• Keeps up to date with changes in the various digital duplication and creative art programs.
We'd love it if you also had:
High, technical or trade school level education, preferably to have included or augmented by course work in general office duties, CRT operations, music, electronic devices operations and duplication of tapes, cassettes, digital formats, etc., and,
One (1) year of general office experience to have included filing, operation of duplicating equipment, including video, various digital formats, tapes, cassette, reels, etc., operation of electronic equipment, computer terminals, preferably in a music publishing or related business, or,
A satisfactory equivalent of education, training and experience in related fields sufficient to qualify for the duties of the position.
At Warner Chappell Music (WCM), we shape the culture of songwriting and champion songs that resonate for generations by creating transformational opportunities for songwriters everywhere.
Before the fans and fame, the soundtracks and syncs, there is the song. And before the song comes the songwriter - the heart of an art form that defines generations, and the soul of our business. Songwriters are our inspiration; we are their partners, collaborators, and crusaders.
Songwriters shape culture; and here at WCM we help hone their craft, build their careers, and protect their legacies. We value curiosity, collaboration, and commitment – which helps set us apart and helps us in our commitment and global service to our songwriters.
We are Warner Chappell Music - where songwriters are heard.
About Warner Music Group: As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining w