Warner Music GroupMiami, FL
This was removed by the employer on 9/5/2023 11:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Controller jobs in Miami-FL
Search all Controller postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Controller, Warner Music Latina
A little bit about our team:
The Finance Department at WM Latina is responsible for supporting the accuracy and completeness of financial statements, budgets, forecasts, and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the finance department is responsible for ensuring that internal control policies are adequate and implemented. The department is a partner to all other departments with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
US Latin's Controller will work closely with the Finance Director in managing the day-to-day operations of the WM Latina Finance department, including maintaining an adequate control environment, financial reporting according to US GAAP and company policies month-end close, cash management, supervision of payment processes and balance sheet reconciliations.
We are looking for an experienced controller for a music/entertainment business who can be a bright, motivated, professional, detail-oriented, organized, and hard-working individual, with an ability to work in a fast-paced environment and being able to prioritize and multi-task.
Here you'll get to:
• Implements procedures and controls to enable the affiliate to close its books on a timely basis each month, as well as to produce reliable and accurate financial information for management and third parties.
• Manage the monthly close including preparing, review and posting of journal entries following accounting standard rules, including leading and managing the interaction with the CoE team and supervising the close activities performed by them.
• Supervise the Accounts Payable function including new vendors, timely review and approval of purchasing and payments in conjunction with the share service center
• Ensure all balance sheet accounts are timely and accurately reconciled.
• Maintain an adequate control environment including controls over financial reporting, approvals over purchases and payments.
• Perform and support testing requirements for SAP implementation.
• Assist the finance director in ad-hoc special projects and analysis for label and corporate senior management.
• Work closely with Licensing and Royalty departments and review deliverables to ensure accuracy and completeness of royalties accounting and processing.
• Assist the Finance Director in the preparation of the quarterly recoupment analysis.
• Support direct reports, supervising and training them when required. to improve processes and deliverables based on executive management needs.
• Minimum of 10+ years of professional experience, preferably with some mixture of experience within public accounting and a music industry company.
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• CPA certification
• Fully bilingual (English/Spanish)
• Proficient in US GAAP and related financial reporting regulations and standards
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships
• Strong analytical and accounting skills, as well as excellent attention to detail
• Strong verbal and written communication skills with the proven ability to communicate effectively with cross-functional departments
• Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and delegate as needed.
• Previous experience managing direct reports as part of a finance team
We'd love it if you also had:
• Experience with SAP, GFS, HFM, Business Objects
• Audit experience at a public accounting firm
• 3+ years of either recorded Music industry experience or entertainment sector
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Salary Ranges are included for all NY, California job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.