Controller, WM Latina
Warner Music GroupMiami, FL
Full Time Job
Controller, WM Latina
Position: Controller, WM Latina
The Finance Department at WM Latina is responsible for supporting the accuracy and completeness of financial statements and monitoring compliance with accounting policies and procedures. In addition, the finance department is responsible for ensuring that internal control policies are adequate and implemented. The department is a partner to all other departments with regards to making strategic decisions that benefit the company.
High Level Job Description:
Responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the WM Latina Finance department, including maintaining an adequate control environment, financial reporting, month-end close, financial planning and analysis, cash management, purchasing and payment processes, coordination with WMG shared services.
Detailed Job Description/ Responsibilities:
• Prepare WM Latina's budget and forecasts (including submissions, deliverables, and meetings).
• Responsible for the monthly close including posting and review of journal entries, and reviewing and reconciling intra-company statements, and resolving variances if noted.
• Review Balance Sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis.
• Review financial statements on a monthly basis, summarizing and explaining the variances between the actual results and projections. Discuss results with Regional CFO to understand variance from expectations.
• Prepare supplemental reporting schedules requested by Corporate.
• Prepare and present cash forecast update on a bi-weekly basis.
• Performs deal analysis to evaluate the appropriate return on investment.
• Performs project and artist profitability analyses.
• Maintain an adequate control environment including controls over financial reporting, approvals over purchases and payments, accounts payable interaction, maintain control/approval matrix and others.
• Oversee the Accounts Payable function including new vendors, timely review and approval of purchasing and payments.
• Work closely with Licensing and Royalties department and review deliverables to ensure accuracy and completeness of royalties accounting and processing.
• Provides overall leadership and support to subordinates, supervising and training them when required.
• Prepare ad hoc analysis requested by Regional CFO.
• Continue to improve processes and deliverables based on executive management changing needs. Pro-actively develop new reporting procedures and streamline current processes.
• Minimum of 10 years of professional experience, preferably with some mixture of experience within public accounting and a large global company.
• Proficient knowledge of GAAP and related financial reporting regulations and standards.
• Strong leadership skills with the ability to work under pressure and cultivate and develop key relationships.
• Strong analytical skills with the ability to present financial information effectively.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to multi-task and delegate as needed.
• Strong oral and written communication skills are required along with the ability to influence others and interface with external contacts, internal management, and staff.
• Proven organizational efficiencies and business process re-engineering skills.
• Supervise team and provide timely performance feedback
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting
• CPA certification required
• Experience with GFS and HFM a plus.
• Recorded Music industry experience or entertainment sector a plus
• Bilingual in Spanish a plus