Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team at Uproxx.
A little bit about our team:
UPROXX, a Warner Music Group Company, is one of the largest youth culture brands in the world. Through proprietary technology, journalists and our award-winning video content studio, we help brands connect to the digital generation. We inform, entertain and inspire our audience through the passion points they care about: Sports, News, Culture, Entertainment, Music and Lifestyle. The UPROXX Studio team collaborates with our partners to create the most engaging and sharable content in the digital space.
Why this could be your next big break:
We are seeking a talented Creator to join our award-winning content studio. In this role, you will get to work on both original and branded content, working in partnership with our creative team, production staff and talented freelance production crews. Our ideal candidate is both creative and logistics minded, skilled at handling multiple projects at once, will have a deep understanding of social platforms including Instagram, Facebook, YouTube and Snapchat and have instinctive storytelling skills.
Here you'll get to:
• Produce, shoot, host and/or edit a variety of original and branded social content videos.
• Collaborate with our production and creative teams to identify compelling stories and share them effectively with our audience.
• Cover events, happenings and cultural moments from a social video perspective.
• Research stories, write treatments, develop shot lists and prepare production reports to inform post production teams of content that was captured.
• Build and manage budgets working closely with Production Manager and accounting team to ensure project profitability.
• Communicate with Production and Post Production Managers throughout execution to ensure programs are being properly represented and client needs are being met while being mindful of program deliverables.
• Deliver video content on time and on budget.
• Expand your personal skills in all aspects of production and post production.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have 2+ years creating story-driven content for a notable brand and/or related experience
• Incredible writing, research and storytelling skills
• Social content experience across all platforms (Instagram, Facebook, YouTube, and Snapchat)
• Ability to use utilize both natural and studio lighting to create beautiful images
• Ability to capture great sound and video as a one-person team in social content situations.
• You are a self-starter who is never satisfied and constantly desires to improve and remain competitive in an ever-evolving marketplace
• Experience working on projects with fast (i.e. daily) turnarounds and tight deadlines
• Excellent problem solver
• You are highly organized and have an innate ability to self-manage and organize a daily to do list and understand/execute priorities
• You have communication skills to help you work with various departments, multiple timelines/calendars and in a fast-paced environment
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• College Degree preferred
• Expert in Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop
• Design, editing or camera experience
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.