Clerk, Revenue Assurance
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
Full Time Job
Clerk, Revenue Assurance
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
A little bit about our team:
The U.S. Shared Services organization is based in WMG's Center of Excellence for Shared Services in Nashville, Tennessee (the ''Center''). The Center consists of five departments: Analysis, Finance, Legal, Licensing, and Reporting. Employees of the Center provide services to all of WMG's U.S. record labels, Warner-Chappell Music Publishing, WEA Corp. and Alternative Distribution Alliance (WMG's distribution companies), and WMG's other U.S. business units.
The U.S. Shared Services he Analysis Department consists of two groups: the Audit Group, and the Revenue Assurance Group.
• The Audit Group is responsible for managing all incoming audits arising from the artist recording agreements, joint venture and participation agreements, publishing license agreements, and union collective bargaining agreements to which WMG's U.S. record labels are a party.
• The Revenue Assurance Group is responsible for processing all incoming payments received pursuant to the synch and master use licensing agreements covering WMG's recorded music repertoire, tracking and collecting outstanding payments, and administering WMG's artist royalty obligations with respect to such incoming payments.
Members of the Department work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
The responsibilities of the candidate hired to fill this position will include handling the day-to-day clerical needs of the Revenue Assurance group.
Here you'll get to:
• Managing all aspects of inbound mail, including receiving, opening, scanning, naming and uploading physical statements/backup to internal payment processing systems MLS and LSS;
• Handling all inbound payments including daily deposit of checks received and claiming electronic payments received by the cash team, scanning, naming and uploading payments to MLS and LSS;
• Downloading quarterly statements from external third party databases and uploading them to internal database;
• Managing internal email inbox including downloading, saving and uploading statements received electronically, forwarding inquires to appropriate point person on Revenue Assurance team, logging emails in appropriate folders, requesting backup and responding to inquires when appropriate;
• Issuing and tracking invoices created by Revenue Assurance group;
• Request and send any manual payments;
• Receive, log and enter into MLS deals from Frontline Label Business Affairs group;
• Assist Income Tracking Analyst with requesting statements;
• Perform various research projects related to third party licenses and payments for various internal clients as needed; and
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned by the Team's senior management from time to time.
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Word and Outlook applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Excel application is strongly preferred, but not required;
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; and
• Candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Associates degree or equivalent experience required; major in accounting, finance or business is preferred.
• Candidate should possess a minimum of 1 to 3 years' experience.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.