Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
A little bit about our team:
Working under the supervision of the Executive Vice President of Sales at WEA, our team is dedicated to researching and analyzing the vast amount of metadata at the core of the Revenue and Repertoire Assurance process for Warner Music. The main goals of the department are to (a) drive incremental revenue opportunities for WMG with external digital partners such as SoundExchange and YouTube while strictly adhering to Best Practices; (b) work internally with our US labels, international affiliates, and WEA teams in Finance, IT, RMRA and R&A on a global basis, and externally with all DSPs, to improve and maintain the accuracy of metadata and the respect for WMG identifiers; (c) oversee efforts to monitor and take down infringing uses of WMG assets on digital platforms; (d) play a key role in Repertoire Assurance by analyzing opportunities for the International Repertoire Initiative (the IRI), an innovative digital distribution portal at WEA.
Why this could be your next big break:
If you love brainstorming with a team, diving into data, working with cutting-edge digital strategies and working hands-on to release international artists' tracks in America, this is the job for you. It offers the opportunity to learn about the global music business that Warner excels in, in a fluid, ever-evolving environment.
Here you'll get to:
• Research, analyze and assist the Revenue and Repertoire Assurance team in determining the validity of a wide spectrum of WMG metadata claims through ongoing and extensive audits of DSP environments, such as SoundExchange and YouTube
• Identify and claim WMG-controlled repertoire and analyze its usage in compilations, soundtracks and other licensed products on all digital platforms
• Work with US and overseas Business Affairs teams to ensure that side artist equity splits, remixes and mashups are being properly monetized
• Proactively ensure that metadata pertaining to YouTube claims and conflict resolution is accurate and that global rights are current
• Analyze and identify incorrect claims of WMG assets by other claimants and alert the team to the exact nature of the problem for further review
• Help the team to determine key sources of metadata verification that will be relied upon throughout the claims process
• Identify WMG-controlled repertoire that is missing from the digital marketplace and coordinate with the team to communicate this information to all WMG repertoire owners
• Administratively create and maintain detailed notes on a track and project level so that the department database is up-to-date
• Participate in team discussions on how to respect Best Practices and how to prepare written and verbal presentations of Revenue Assurance work to our colleagues
• Help the team track and assess IRI releases by providing analytical support, based on market projections
• Continuously improve processes, tools and documentation regarding the handling of curating metadata
• Analyze data sets and report back both internally and externally
• Communicate complex technical problems and solutions to non-technical internal and external partners
• Troubleshoot infringement related issues and escalate accordingly
• Work with our developers to improve and progress our catalogue management systems
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• You have a strong understanding of, and an interest in, music, metadata and technology
• You have a systematic approach to identify solutions
• You are adaptable, and a quick learner who thrives in a rapidly changing environment
• You are a multi-tasker, with excellent time-management and organizational skills
• You are a self-starter, with the ability to take ownership of technical work streams
• You are analytically minded and competent to interpret complex data
• You have a passion for metadata research, analysis, interpretation and drawing accurate conclusions
• You are highly organized with strong attention to detail and follow-up
• You work well in a fast-paced evolving work environment requiring strong multitasking skills, excellent time management, with ability to prioritize within the workload and meet deadlines
• You have excellent interpersonal skills, strategic thinker and brainstormed, results-oriented
• You have strong communications skills (written and verbal)
• You are a team player who thrives in an inclusive environment
• You are capable of meeting tight deadlines and will be focused on execution
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• You have a Bachelor's degree plus preferably 2-3 years of claims analysis or metadata research experience
• You have at least two years of relevant experience in the music industry
• Familiarity and comfort level with large files of metadata
• Familiarity with SoundExchange and YouTube platforms
• Proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, familiarity with GCDM and DMD a plus, knowledge of Access and Tableau a plus
• Passion and interest in the Warner Music catalogue
• Knowledge of other languages a plus; interest in global music preferred
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
Warner Music Group is an equal opportunity employer. We enthusiastically accept our responsibility to make employment decisions without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other classification protected by applicable federal, state or local laws or ordinances.
Copyright © 2018 Warner Music Inc.