Warner Music GroupCulver City, CA
Full Time Job
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the groundbreaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after team at Uproxx.
A little bit about our team:
The Brand Strategist will be a key member in advertiser-driven and marketing initiatives across UPROXX. This individual will work to create strategic programs based on client briefs, data and insights, with the goal of generating revenue for the larger sales team. The position is part of the Marketing & Brand Strategy Team and reports directly to the Sr. Director of Marketing & Brand Strategy. Collaboration is at the core of this role as this individual will work closely with pre and post sales teams including: sales, account management, research, and the UPROXX Studios team on a daily basis.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Brand Strategist will have the unique opportunity to work at the biggest youth culture company on the planet. In this role, they'll not only have the opportunity to work with an award-winning production studio, but also with some of the brightest minds and biggest talents as well.
Here you'll get to:
• You will lead creative brainstorms for RFPs and client briefs
• You will own the entire process of lower to mid budget tier RFPs ($50K – approximately $400K) (i.e. brainstorming, building unique strategies that answer client goals, creating client presentations, communicating strategies to clients, answering client questions, managing both internal and external back communication to get strategies sold in)
• You will work hand-in-hand with the brand strategy & marketing, studio, account management, research, revenue operations, and greater sales team to craft strategic proposals & presentations
• You will build client presentations that tell smart, compelling stories
• You will conduct competitive research & brand marketing analysis with the use of Brandtale/Numerator
• You will present competitive research & brand marketing analysis to the larger sales team on a regular basis
• You will manage RFP delivery calendars
• You will build proactive pitch materials & general marketing materials (general presentations, client one-sheets, audience research, etc.)
• You will work with the UPROXX editorial team to package up editorial initiatives & calendars for clients
• You will build case studies that showcase the effectiveness of UPROXX campaigns
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• College Degree preferred
• You have 1-3 years of marketing experience
• You have experience working in the media industry (creative agencies, publishers, brand marketing, etc.)
• You are a creative writer
• You have experience building client presentations (Keynote & PowerPoint)
• You have design experience (for presentation building purposes)
• You have a deep understanding of the digital & social media landscape
• You are knowledgeable about music, entertainment, sports, travel, food & drink and cultural events
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Direct experience working with RFPs and creative brand briefs
• Creative agency, media agency, publishing, or brand marketing experience (1-3 years)
• Deep insight into cultural trends
• Experience conducting research
• Photoshop experience
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.