Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
A little bit about our team:
The Audience team sits at the center of Warner Music Group, guiding and supporting our frontline labels, international territories and WMX teams in their mission to bring our artists' music to millions of fans around the world.
This group empowers marketing teams around the globe to build connections with audiences, drive fan engagement and make data driven decisions towards an always-on strategy for our key artists and non-artist specific brands. The team supports various aspects of the business including ecommerce, live show, tour merchandise, VIP, streaming and retailer partnerships. By joining the team, you will partner with a variety of departments to further understand our fans, grow revenue, develop content and expand audience knowledge throughout the organization.
In this capacity you will be responsible for the audience strategy for our artists and brands globally, with a focus on Direct Marketing and Audience Acquisition. The Audience Manager will have the opportunity to work across multiple genres, labels and territories with world-class recording artists, content creators and legendary music executives, to acquire, engage and retain fans.
Join us if you:
• Enjoy developing creative business solutions for artists and brands
• Are looking for an extraordinary culture
• Enjoy working with people from all over the world to engage fans, brainstorm marketing strategy and adopt new technologies
• Want the opportunity to share your marketing and digital expertise
Here you'll get to:
• Build and maintain a great ongoing relationship with current teams and offer new ways to grow collaborations, serving as a trusted advisor to digital marketers in our US offices
• Develop and execute strategies to build and engage audiences, with a focus on grow our 1st party PII data
• Engage WM teams globally in planning and execute email and SMS campaigns, developing new strategies and innovating the direct marketing approach
• Work with external partners to set the acquisition marketing strategy for our artists and brands
• Collaborate with the team in integrating acquisition opportunities in tools and campaigns
• Employ your storytelling skills to translate data from disparate sources into actionable insights for the artist teams
• Support teams with effective and creative solutions with a good understanding of data and technology
• Execute and optimize cross-channel audience campaigns, innovating the approach with a focus on streaming, video, ecommerce, live shows and retail partnerships.
• Partner with analytics, product, and operations teams to streamline audience activation processes and build scalable solutions for digital marketing programs.
• 2+ years of experience in digital marketing, preferably in music or entertainment
• Experience in Direct Marketing (SMS and Email) and audience growth
• Handle stakeholder expectations through regular check-ins, quarterly business reviews and interactive discussions
• Proven ability to innovate and push boundaries within cross-functional teams, crafting unique and engaging campaigns.
• Innovating and push boundaries in the audience strategies approach globally
• Create and maintain relationships with senior people in the organization to develop new strategies and customer journeys across multiple fan touch points
• Use empathy to gain understanding of artist, management, and label needs, translating cultural and business trends into signals for fan engagement
• Apply project management skills in your day-by-day job
• Work comfortably within web analytics, CRM, social media and digital marketing platforms
• The ability to prioritize and multi-task across multiple projects and familiarity with agile principles using project management tools
We'd love it if you also had:
• A real passion for music and the music business
• A love for travel and to learn about different cultures
• Excellent communication and relationship skills, with the ability to present complex information simply to a variety of audiences
• Proven marketing experience, with expertise on digital projects
• College degree in a relevant field preferred
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?