Associate, Legal & Business Affairs
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 2/24/2023 8:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate, Legal & Business Affairs jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Associate, Legal & Business Affairs postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Associate, Legal & Business Affairs
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music Nashville is looking for a Paralegal to join the Legal and Business Affairs team. This role is responsible for providing administrative and legal support to the SVP of Legal and Business Affairs. The ideal candidate is a self-starter and dynamic team player who is detail-and solultions-oriented, sharp, versatile, and able to juggle multiple tasks, all executed with strong written and verbal communication skills.
Here you'll get to:
• You will oversee certain legal and business affairs workflow, including option tracking and rights management.
• You will answer contract and related queries from other departments, verify rights, options, and engage in general contract interpretation.
• You will manage and maintain contract databases.
• You will draft form agreements, amendments, and legal correspondence.
• You will track the status of agreements and status reports as well as other contract management responsibilities.
• You will organize and maintain legal files.
• BA/BS degree required, preferably in related field.
• 4-5 years or more experience working in a fast-tempo, results-driven environment, preferably at a label, music publisher, law firm, agency, or in another professional service capacity.
• Experience in legal department and/or music/entertainment industries a plus.
• Motivated and ambitious self-starter who excels in a deadline-driven environment.
• Problem-solving skills.
• Ability to organize, multi-task, and prioritize, including coordinating shifting priorities.
• Strong computer skills , including proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel).
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with an ability to interface effectively with colleagues, senior management, and artist representatives.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Paralegal Certificate from an ABA accredited school
• Salesforce experience and knowledge
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Job Posting Ranges are included for all California, Colorado, New York, and Washington job postings and 100% remote roles where talent can be located in CA, CO, NYC and WA. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.