Associate Director, Digital Marketing
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Associate Director, Fan Engagement
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time. Its reputation and extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and its collective influence on pop culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
The mission of the Fan Engagement department is to acquire, engage, and retain true fans across our digital ecosystems. The team is responsible for any digital property that speaks directly to fans: social media, websites, email/CRM, mobile apps, streaming profiles, and emerging technologies. Using content and creative marketing strategies, the fan engagement team keeps fans deeply connected to and invested in our artists.
Why this could be your next big break:
The Associate Director of Fan Engagement helps to lead the overall digital vision for our roster of artists. They are tasked with figuring out the 'why' of projects. They define the through-line that will tie a project together, all without losing sight of the ultimate artist and sales goals.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the day-to-day social media, website, and email accounts for a designated roster of WR artists with a focus on driving fan acquisition, engagement, and retention
• Translate strong understanding of social content channels and what differentiates one from another - including language style, content variation, delivery, algorithmic content performance, and levels of interactivity - into impactful content marketing strategies across all channels
• Build growth strategies for both established and developing artists, leading to the acquisition of a highly engaged audience of purchase intenders
• Coordinate with Commercial Accounts team to optimize profiles and campaigns across revenue-generating channels such as Spotify and YouTube
• Manage online marketing budget spend for each artist
• Work with management and internal departments to develop and maintain editorial calendar across all social platforms
• Collaborate with internal teams, including Commercial Sales, Marketing, Brand Licensing, Video Creation, and Publicity, to coordinate WR artist messaging and content creation for social media platforms and direct to consumer campaigns
• Work with data analysis and CRM Analytics teams to derive insights from social media platforms and email campaigns and implement best practices
• Work with web/mobile development team to ensure consistent and impactful messaging across all web and mobile properties
• Build and maintain relationships with social media platform representatives and participate in regular update meetings
• Communicate product updates and best practices to artists and managers
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 4-5+ years professional experience in digital/social media marketing, direct to consumer marketing, and/or related fields
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills
• A passion for fan-focused digital strategies
• A problem-solving attitude to get it done, no matter the challenge
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• A keen sense as to how to ''move the needle'' online, be it driving consumption, engagement, or growth
• Strong background in digital strategy, with duties at previous employers that included day-to-day work in this area
• Ability to work on tight timeframes and move projects forward with limited assets
• Demonstrate leadership in team discussions and client meetings
• Ability to navigate corporate scheduling culture and secure approvals from busy executives
• A deep understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools, including:
• Spotify profiles
• Apple Music profiles
• Soundcloud profiles
• Website strategy
• Email/CRM strategy
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design knowledge
• Experience using project management software such as Jira and Basecamp
• Understanding of social media analytics and posting tools such as Falcon and HootSuite
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We ar