Associate Director, Digital Marketing Rock
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Associate Director, Digital Marketing [Rock]
A little bit about our team:
Warner Records is home to some of the most influential and innovative artists of our time.Its reputation and extraordinary roster of new and established recording artists is unparalleled, and its collective influence on pop culture is without precedent. With a visionary approach toward discovering and nurturing musical talent, the Warner Records family of labels is currently home to an impressive generation of major artists.
The mission of the Digital Marketing department is to acquire, engage, and retain true fans across our digital ecosystems. The team is responsible for any digital property that speaks directly to fans: social media, websites, email/CRM, streaming profiles, and emerging technologies. Using content and creative marketing strategies, the digital marketing team keeps fans deeply connected to and invested in our artists.
Warner Records is looking for a strategic digital marketer with expertise in social content strategy to join the digital marketing team as Associate Director, Digital Marketing [Rock]
The Associate Director, Digital Marketing [Rock] will oversee digital marketing campaigns for rock artists Warner Records. The position will be responsible for developing campaigns that create cultural conversation, build artist social followings, and drive music consumption.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the development and execution of innovative digital marketing campaigns for rock music artists at Warner Records.
• Collaborate with internal teams including Commercial Revenue, Marketing, Brand Partnerships, Creative and Publicity, to build cohesive cross-platform campaigns.
• Oversee the day-to-day social media strategy, website, and CRM strategies for a designated roster of WR artists with a focus on driving fandom, engagement, and music consumption.
• Partner with artists and management to craft a social narrative and content strategy for each artist that elevates their brands and drives fandom, cultural conversation and music consumption.
• Work with management and internal departments to develop and maintain editorial calendar across all social platforms
• Partner with internal creatives and external creators to develop high-performing short-form content for WR artists.
• Partner with the VP of Paid Media Strategy, Operations and Audience Growth to develop and execute paid media campaigns and CRM strategy for each artist.
• Build growth strategies for both established and developing artists in the rock space, leading to follower growth and consumption.
• Maintain expert level knowledge of social platforms and social content strategies with a deep understanding of how to use each platform to drive engagement and consumption.
• Work with our Insights team to profile our online audiences, building digital marketing strategies based on that demographic and psychographic data.
• Define engagement and audience growth goals and create a roadmap to reach those goals
• Monitor campaigns in real-time, making recommendations for continuous improvement. Create post-mortem analyses to quantify the impact of each campaign and measure effectiveness of each tactic.
• Communicate product updates and best practices to artists, managers. and internal stakeholders.
• Build and maintain relationships with social media platform representatives and participate in regular update meetings
• Manage online marketing budget spend for each artist
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent
• Minimum of 4-5+ years professional experience in digital/social media marketing, direct to consumer marketing, and/or related fields.
• Expertise in social media content strategy
• Outstanding organizational and communication skills
• A passion for fan-focused digital strategies
• A problem-solving attitude to get it done, no matter the challenge
• The ability to excel in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment
• A keen sense as to how to ''move the needle'' online, be it driving consumption, engagement, or growth
• Strong background in digital strategy, with duties at previous employers that included day-to-day work in this area
• Ability to work on tight timeframes and move projects forward with limited assets
• Demonstrate leadership in team discussions and client meetings
• Ability to navigate corporate scheduling culture and secure approvals from busy executives
• A deep understanding of interactive technologies and communication tools, including:
• Website strategy
• Email/CRM strategy
We'd love it if you also had:
• Photoshop, Illustrator, or other graphic design knowledge
• Experience using project management software such as Jira and Basecamp
• Understanding of social media analytics and posting tools such as Falcon and HootSuite
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned pub