Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 8/19/2020 3:29:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Executive Positions Category
Browse the Legal and Business Affairs Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs? Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought after Business & Legal Affairs team.
Job Title: Associate Director, Business & Legal Affairs
Extensive drafting of agreements relating to the acquisition and exploitation of intellectual property rights:
• Summarize artist contracts
• Monitor ongoing contractual/license relationships to ensure they do not exceed/extend the agreed upon terms
• Render general business and legal advice to all departments within the company
• Work with the Finance department to prepare P&Ls and sales analysis
• 360 income collection and tracking
• Review and clear program content for video exploitation (festival agreements, master-use licenses, etc.)
• Work with the Commerce, Digital Marketing & Strategy department to clear rights and to enter into agreements with third-party digital services
• Prepare/edit various agreements (producer declarations, certificate of employment, remix agreements, etc.)
• Draft agreements relating to the acquisition and exploitation of intellectual property rights
• Negotiate and draft recording agreements, merchandise, fan club, and collateral entertainment activities agreements, and P&D agreements
• Compile and distribute contractual information
• Oversee fulfillment of contractual obligations and preservations of rights
• J.D. plus admission in one state bar
• 2 years of post-bar experience at a major law firm or major record label
• Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to work independently, within a team-oriented environment
• Must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.