Associate Director, Audit
Warner Music GroupNashville, TN
This was removed by the employer on 8/1/2022 1:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Accounting/Finance Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Associate Director, Audit jobs in Nashville-TN
Search all Associate Director, Audit postings
Full Time Job
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Associate Director, Audit
A little bit about our team:
Warner Music's Center of Excellence for Shared Services, opened in 2017, is the home to the financial, legal and administrative functions that provide critical support and best-in-class services to our US Recorded Music and Publishing businesses. The Nashville center embodies the innovative and creative spirit that stems from the company's deep history in nurturing entrepreneurial thinking and artist-focused innovation, enabling our employees to develop a wide range of skills through cross-function collaboration and development opportunities.
The Audit Group is responsible for managing all incoming audits arising from the artist recording agreements, joint venture and participation agreements, publishing license agreements, and union collective bargaining agreements to which WMG's U.S. record labels are a party.
Members of the Audit Group work closely with employees in the Business Affairs, Finance, Production, Operations, New Media, and Marketing departments of each label client to fulfill the above-referenced responsibilities for the recordings and record those labels release.
Why this could be your next big break:
This is a great opportunity to make an immediate and significant contribution to the audit team. The candidate hired to fill this position will be responsible for: managing all aspects of the audit process, including without limitation tracking audit notifications, reviewing and analyzing the claims contained in the audit reports we receive, making recommendations to the relevant WMG internal label clients regarding how to respond to those claims, facilitating settlement negotiations between the contracting party and WMG's internal label clients, and ensuring that any internal accounting entries related to the audit process are made accurately and in a timely manner.
Here you'll get to:
• Oversee the tracking of audit notice letters received by the Audit Group's label clients;
• Oversee the audit fieldwork process, including, without limitation, collecting all relevant data and other information contained in the books and records of the WMG label concerned that is relevant to (and falls within the contractually-defined scope) of the audit concerned;
• Review and analyze the audit claims submitted by the auditor in question, as well as the relevant provisions of the underlying contracts that govern WMG's exploitation of the assets that are at issue in the audit;
• Develop recommendations for the WMG label client(s) concerned regarding how to respond to the individual claims set forth in each audit;
• Facilitate the settlement of each audit on behalf of the WMG label client concerned, in close coordination with that label's Business & Legal Affairs and Finance Departments;
• Administer any and all payments made in connection with the settlement of each audit, ensuring that each is properly recorded in the books and records of the applicable WMG label client;
• Oversee the input and tracking of all data related to the Group's pending audits in the consolidated audit tracking application; and
• Review and approve monthly and quarterly Audit Reserves/P&L Reports to WMG label clients;
• Organize and supervise monthly status meetings with WMG label clients;
• Supervise day-to-day junior Audit Staff activities and responsibilities;
• Perform such other duties as you may be asked to perform by the senior management of the Group and the division.
• Candidate must have 5+ years experience working in the audit field;
• Candidates for this position must be able to work well independently and as part of a team;
• Candidates must have strong computer skills, including strong data entry and data analysis skills (with an emphasis on accuracy and problem-solving) and strong proficiency using Microsoft Office's Excel, Word and PowerPoint applications; familiarity with Microsoft Office's Access application is preferred, but not required.
• Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills;
• Candidate must possess excellent analytical, mathematical and organizational skills;
• Candidate must be able to meet deadlines consistently and effectively while working under pressure; candidate must be able to manage multiple assignments at any given time and prioritize them effectively and appropriately; and
• Candidate must have Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required; major in accounting, finance or business is preferred.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Experience working in a position or positions involving participation in, and management of, the external audit process for a record label
• Demonstrable experience in leading projects or a team
• Working knowledge of one or more of the legacy royalty systems previously used by WMG's major U.S. labels (e.g., Atlantic Records, Warner Records, Rhino Entertainment).
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.