Assistant, Video Production
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Assistant, Video Production
A little bit about our team:
The Video Production department at Atlantic Records is responsible for producing music videos for the entire Atlantic Records Group roster of artists. The department is involved in all aspects of production – from concept to completion.
While proving admirative support to the department's video commissioners, you will be immersed in a world where you will learn everything there is to know about music video production at a major record label. Here, you will develop the skills to one day become a video commissioner.
Here you'll get to:
• Arrange artist and commissioner travel for video shoots (flights, hotels, cars, etc.) as needed.
• Maintain detailed production and video status reports.
• Help solicit potential directors by organizing creative briefs.
• Maintain treatment files per video.
• Communicate special needs for artists with production companies (wardrobe, rider requests, glam, security, etc.)
• Gather key artist contacts and distribute call sheets internally before shoots.
• Assist in distributing rough and final cuts when directed.
• Maintain creative databases (keeping track of production companies, stylists, hair, makeup, editors, DP's, etc.)
• Manage and submit expense reports on a weekly basis.
• Manage vendors, invoices and payments.
• Provide strong administrative support that is critical to the success of our operation.
• Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to understand and gel with various personalities and genres of music.
• Ability to take constructive criticism with a positive attitude.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize many jobs at once.
• An eagerness to learn about all facets of video production at a major label.
• Excellent phone and e-mail etiquette.
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining good working relationships.
• A pulse on new videos, techniques and talent (directors, editors, models, etc.)
• A strong desire to pursue a career in music video and content production.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Strong creative outlook.
• Broad knowledge of film production techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of film and music video industry and history.
• Desire to work within all genres of music.
• Willingness to learn and grow within a great organization.
As the home to 300 Elektra, Asylum, Atlantic, East West, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Copyright © 2022 Warner Music Inc.