Assistant, Video Production
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant, Video Production
A little bit about our team:
The Video Production department is responsible for producing music videos and video content for the entire roster of artists at Atlantic Records. The department is involved in all aspects of production from concept to completion.
Why this could be your next big break:
While providing administrative support to the department head of music video and content, you will be immersed in a world where you will learn everything there is to know about music video and content production at a major record label. Atlantic Records was the first label to create a video content department and is an organization that embraces and supports video production and creatives. Here, you will develop the skills to one day become a video commissioner.
Here you'll get to:
• Arrange artist and commissioner travel for video shoots (flights, hotels, cars, etc.) as needed.
• Maintain detailed production and video status reports.
• Help solicit potential directors by organizing creative briefs.
• Maintain treatment files per video.
• Communicate special needs for artists with production companies (wardrobe, rider requests, glam, security, etc.)
• Gather key artist contacts and distribute call sheets internally before shoots.
• Assist in distributing rough and final cuts when directed.
• Maintain creative databases (keeping track of production companies, stylists, hair, makeup, editors, DP's, etc.)
• Manage and submit expense reports on a weekly basis.
• Provide strong administrative support that is critical to the success of our operation.
• An eagerness to learn about all facets of video production at a major label.
• Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to understand and gel with various personalities and genres of music.
• Ability to take constructive criticism with a positive attitude.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize and juggle many projects at once.
• Excellent phone and e-mail etiquette.
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining good working relationships.
• A pulse on new videos, techniques and talent (directors, editors, models, etc.)
• A strong desire to pursue a career in music video and content production.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong creative outlook.
• Broad knowledge of film production techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of film and music video industry and history.
• Desire to work within all genres of music.
• Willingness to learn and grow within a great organization.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.