Assistant, Video Production
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
Assistant, Video Production
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after 'VIDEO' team at 'ATLANTIC RECORDS' in 'LOS ANGELES.'
Job Title: Assistant, Video Production
A little bit about our team:
The Video Production department is responsible for producing music videos and video content for the entire Atlantic Records Group roster of artists. The department is involved in all aspects of production – from concept to completion.
Why this could be your next big break:
While proving admirative support to the department's video commissioners, you will be immersed in a world where you will learn everything there is to know about music video and content production at a major record label. Atlantic Records was the first label to create a content department and is an organization that embraces and supports video production and creatives. Here, you will develop the skills to one day become a video commissioner.
Here you'll get to:
• Arrange artist and commissioner travel for video shoots (flights, hotels, cars, etc.) as needed.
• Maintain detailed production and video status reports.
• Help solicit potential directors by organizing creative briefs.
• Maintain treatment files per video.
• Communicate special needs for artists with production companies (wardrobe, rider requests, glam, security, etc.)
• Gather key artist contacts and distribute call sheets internally before shoots.
• Assist in distributing rough and final cuts when directed.
• Maintain creative databases (keeping track of production companies, stylists, hair, makeup, editors, DP's, etc.)
• Manage and submit expense reports on a weekly basis.
• Provide strong administrative support that is critical to the success of our operation.
Rockstar candidates have:
• Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to understand and gel with various personalities and genres of music.
• Ability to take constructive criticism with a positive attitude.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize many jobs at once.
• An eagerness to learn about all facets of video production at a major label.
• Excellent phone and e-mail etiquette.
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining good working relationships.
• A pulse on new videos, techniques and talent (directors, editors, models, etc.)
• A strong desire to pursue a career in music video and content production.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong creative outlook.
• Broad knowledge of film production techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of film and music video industry and history.
• Desire to work within all genres of music.
• Willingness to learn and grow within a great organization.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.