Assistant, Video Production
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant, Video Production
We are Warner Music Group, home to a broad roster of new stars and legendary artists through a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, East West, Elektra, Erato, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics, and Warner Music Nashville, as well as Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers, with a catalog of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after 'VIDEO' team at 'ATLANTIC RECORDS.'
Job Title: Assistant, Video Production
A little bit about our team:
The Video Production department is responsible for producing music videos for the entire Atlantic Records Group roster of artists. The department is involved in all aspects of production – from concept to completion.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will provide administrative support to the department's video commissioners.
Here you'll get to:
• Arrange artist and commissioner travel for video shoots (flights, hotels, cars, etc.) as needed.
• Maintain detailed production and video status reports.
• Help solicit potential directors by organizing creative briefs.
• Maintain treatment files per video.
• Communicate special needs for artists with production companies (wardrobe, rider requests, glam, security, etc.)
• Gather key artist contacts and distribute call sheets internally before shoots
• Assist in distributing rough and final cuts when directed.
• Maintain creative databases (keeping track of production companies, stylists, hair, makeup, editors, DP's, etc.)
• Manage and submit expense reports on a weekly basis.
• Provide strong administrative support: answering phones, ordering office supplies, faxing, filing, and on set assistance.
• Responsible for being abreast and current with new videos and talent (directors, editors, models, etc)
Rockstar candidates have:
• Very strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Ability to understand and gel with various and different personalities.
• Ability to take constructive criticism with a positive attitude.
• Great attention to detail.
• Ability to multi-task and prioritize many jobs at once.
• Excellent phone and e-mail etiquette.
• Ability to work well under pressure while maintaining good working relationships.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Strong creative outlook.
• Broad knowledge of film production techniques and procedures.
• Knowledge of film and music video industry and history.
• Desire to work within all genres of music.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.