Assistant, Urban Promotion
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant, Urban Promotion
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after 'Urban Promotion' team at 'Atlantic Records'.
Job Title:Assistant, Urban Promotion
A little bit about our team:
The Urban Promotions Department aims to secure airplay, on-air contests, and promotional opportunities for our Atlantic Records artists at radio stations nationwide. The department works with marketing, sales, publicity, and digital marketing to create grass roots and national promotion strategies to garner airplay at key lifestyle, club, and radio outlets. While increasing their exposure and audience, the Urban Promotions team contributes to the company-wide effort of promoting our artists and maximizing sales and streaming.
Why this could be your next big break:
As the Assistant to the EVP of Promotions, this individual will enhance the effectiveness of the EVP by providing exceptional administrative, project, and research support. This individual must be detail oriented and proactive with an ability to anticipate the needs of the EVP. This includes providing necessary information and reports in a timely fashion, drafting letters and documents, gaining necessary approval/signatures on invoices and clerical pieces, booking the travel of the EVP, maintaining the department calendar, scheduling meetings and answering/screening calls. At times the Promotions Assistant will also be called upon to assist the field staff and other members of the national staff.
Here you'll get to:
• You will provide full administrative support to the Executive Vice President of Urban Promotion, including but not limited to: travel, providing meeting materials, directing incoming calls, messages, expenses, maintaining artist calendar/airplay/itinerary book on weekly/daily basis.
• You will prepare daily Mediabase, BDS, Soundscan, and Music Connect research and analysis reports of sales, streams, and radio airplay for all formats
• You will compile/send weekly radios adds report.
• You will coordinate weekly urban promotion conference calls
• You will update weekly radio report airplay numbers
• You will maintain Artist Request Grid/Artist appearance confirmations
• You will facilitate contest promotions; i.e. organize winner travel, prize distribution, compile budget needs based off feedback from field staff, etc.
• You will coordinate urban radio ''phoners''
• You will facilitate all other misc tasks/duties as needed
• You will create Promo/Contest confirmation letters
• You will maintain/update budgets Daily
• You will process department meeting card expenses
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Action Oriented
• Business Acumen
• Strong Oral and Written Communication Skills
• Attention to Detail
• Strong Time Management Skills
• Highly Organized
• Pleasant Phone Manner
• Team Player
• Ability to meet deadlines, safeguard confidential information, & work overtime as needed
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Understanding of radio/ prior experience at a label promotions dept or radio station
• Proficient in MS Office, Nielsen BDS, Mediabase, R&R Music Tracker, SAP, ORACLE, Nielsen Soundscan
• Understanding of Concur Expense system a plus.
• Love and understanding of Hip-Hop and R&B
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.