Assistant, Urban A&R
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
Assistant, Urban A&R
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Urban A&R team at Atlantic Records.
Position: Urban A&R Assistant
A little bit about our team:
Atlantic has always been and continues to be an A&R driven record label. The A&R Department operates as the primary source of talent scouting and record making within Atlantic Records. It is A&R that allows us to identify and sign new talent and continue making records for currently signed artists on the roster.
Why this could be your next big break:
Support two executives; the GM/SVP and an SVP of the Urban A&R department in fulfilling any and all A&R and administrative duties.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide all levels of support including phones, expense reports, travel, and studio bookings
• Manage and schedule meetings, showcases, and calendars.
• Coordinate sessions for artist clients with producers and songwriters
• Handle travel and itineraries for A&Rs and artists
• Act as a liaison between the label, artists, and management companies
• Work closely with all departments including marketing, publicity, sales, product management, finance and legal
• Assist and participate in coordination of record production. Work with mixing and mastering engineers, studio managers, and artists throughout the process
• Maintain and develop relationships directly with artists
• Scout and research new artists, songwriters, and producer talent for Atlantic Records
• Work with the A&R research team and help to compile weekly reports
• Cover studio sessions for the A&R's artist roster
Rockstar candidates will be able to:
• Knowledge and passion of Hip-hop/R&B music is a must
• Be self-motivated and a great communicator
• Be detail oriented and organized
• Must be able to handle high volumes of phone calls, mail and requests
• Must be able to multi task
• Must know how to prioritize and handle confidential information
• Provide professional assistant/admin support
• Have an amazing ear and hunger for new music discovery
• Have a vast knowledge and understanding of music especially Urban
• Be able to maintain relationships and evaluate talent
• Be proactive, passionate and driven to learn about all aspects of A&R
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Previous music industry experience
• Bachelors Degree (preferred, but not required)
• Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, Power Point).
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2019 Warner Music Inc.