Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/20/2023 9:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Assistant, Publicity jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, Publicity postings
Full Time Job
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by P eople: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career .
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity , and Inclusion . We k now it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Job Title: Assistant, Publicity
A little bit about our team:
The Atlantic Records Publicity Department works to maximize media coverage and raise the overall profile of the label's diverse roster of artists. Through strong relationships with both new and existing media outlets, the team implements tailored publicity campaigns to support each artist and their various projects. Additionally, the department acts as an in-house PR team responsible for maintaining the most updated artist bios and press photos, drafting and servicing press releases, as well as assisting in the planning and execution of artist-related events, red carpets, and award shows.
Your role :
Assist the VP of Publicity and Senior Director of Publicity with daily media requests and artist projects, including (but not limited to) writing/editing press releases, media blasts, tour press , bios, maintaining all current press assets (including the Atlantic press site) , coordinating press logistics, and execution of artist press activity.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist publicists with various tasks as they occur, including execution of artist press activity ranging from phone / Zoom interviews to TV performances
• Prepare and distribute press releases and media blasts
• Maintain up-to-date digital press kits + quote sheets for each artist
• Compile online coverage of artists' singles, videos, performances, etc.
• Process vendor invoices and expenses
• Assist at various media and label events, artist shows, award shows, red carpets, etc.
• Answer phones
• Administrative duties associated with photo shoots, television appearances, press days ( i.e., travel, payment, booking glam, etc.)
• Update Atlantic press site with latest press materials on an ongoing basis
• Oversee and maintain departmental organization (magazines, newspapers, press contacts, media lists, etc.)
• Compile and write artist itineraries
• Maintain organization during high-pressure situations and projects
• Work cohesively with other departments and artist management every day
• Hire hair, makeup, stylists (glam) and occasionally photographers for artist shoots and press days
• Compile artist features / mentions / etc. in magazines & newspapers for publicist to distribute (press clips)
• Compile end of project press books for artists, managers, executives
• Keep track of artist birthdays, research and send gifts from the label
• Research contacts and construct media lists in addition to updating department shared publicity contacts
• Update @atlanticpublicity Instagram with notable press hits
• Maintain calendar of award shows / tentpole events throughout the year
• Work cohesively with other departments and artist management daily
• You demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize while multi- tasking
• You have strong communication and problem-solving skills
• You are passionate about the music industry and publicity
• You are a self-starter who takes initiative and has the mindset of ''no job is too small ''
• You are able to think quickly on your feet with a can-do attitude
• You have a BA Degree (Communications preferred)
• You have some experience in public relations
We'd love it if you also had:
• Strong writing skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Concur, Google Docs, and Cision
• Prior work experience, preferably in an administrative assistant position and/or PR firm, record label, or entertainment agency
• Internship experience at a record label and/or PR firm, or entertainment agency
Abo u t us:
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone , Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics , and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champio ns emerging artists and global superstars alike. And o ur renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide . Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick , HipHopDX , and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplif ies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply -
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
$19.23 to $20.51 Hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
Copyright © 2023 Warner Music Inc.