Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 6/6/2022 12:31:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Browse the Publicity/PR Category
Search for Assistant, Publicity jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, Publicity postings
Full Time Job
A little bit about our team:
The Atlantic Records Publicity Department works to maximize media coverage and raise the overall profile of the label's diverse roster of artists. Through strong relationships with both new and existing media outlets, the team implements tailored publicity campaigns to support each artist and their various projects. Additionally, the department acts as an in-house PR team responsible for maintaining the most updated artist bios and press photos, drafting and servicing press releases, as well as assisting in the planning and execution of artist-related events, red carpets, and award shows.
Assist the VP of Publicity and two Directors of Publicity with daily media requests and artist projects, including writing/editing press releases, media blasts, tour invites, bios, maintaining all current press assets, coordinating press logistics, and execution of artist press activity.
Here you'll get to:
- Assist publicists with various tasks as they occur, including execution of artist press activity ranging from phone/Zoom interviews to TV performances
- Prepare and distribute press releases and media blasts
- Maintain up-to-date digital press kits + quote sheets for each artist
- Compile online coverage of artists' singles, videos, performances, etc.
- Process vendor invoices and expenses
- Assist at various media and label events, artist shows, and award shows
- Phone duty
- Administrative duties associated with photo shoots, television appearances, press days (ie: travel, payment)
- Update Atlantic press site with latest press materials
- Oversee and maintain departmental organization (magazines, newspapers, press contacts, etc.)
- Compile and write artist itineraries
- Maintain organization during high-pressure situations and projects
- Work cohesively with other departments and artist management on a daily basis
- Hire hair, makeup, stylists and occasionally photographers for artist shoots and press days
- Compile artist features/mentions/etc in magazines & newspapers for publicist to distribute
- Compile end of project press books for artists, managers, executives
- Keep track of artist birthdays, research and send gifts from the label
- Research contacts and construct media lists in addition to updating department shared publicity contacts
• You demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to prioritize while multi-tasking
• You have strong communication and problem-solving skills
• You are passionate about the music industry and publicity
• You are a self-starter who takes initiative and has the mindset of ''no job too small''
• You are able to think quickly on your feet with a ''can do'' attitude
We'd love it if you also had:
• Some PR experience is required
• Good time management and the ability to multi-task is extremely important in this role
• Strong writing skills are crucial
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Adobe Photoshop, Concur, and Cision
• BA Degree Required, Communications preferred
• Prior work experience, preferably in an administrative assistant position and/or PR firm, record label, or entertainment agency is also recommended.
• Internship experience at a record label and/or PR firm, or entertainment agency preferred
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.