Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant, Publicity
A little bit about our team:
The publicity department at Elektra Music Group is based in NY and LA and is responsible for all outreach and liasing with all print, TV, online and regional media on behalf of our artists and the company. Elektra Music Group is comprised of Elektra, Fueled By Ramen (FBR), Roadrunner, Low Country Sound, DTA Records, and more.
Why this could be your next big break:
The PR team at Elektra Music Group works closely together to formulate and implement national/regional publicity campaigns. This job is based in LA and will be responsible for working directly with the LA-based department head and NY-based national publicist, as well as many of the administrative duties for the department as a whole.
The publicity department works with a roster of artists across different genres, maintaining the profiles and overall visibility of our artist through coverage in print, TV and online media. The PR department maintains photos, bios and issues official press releases to the media and company. We also plan and execute special events, interaction and planning with certain industry awards and award shows.
Here you'll get to:
• Work directly with the department head and national publicist on developing and executing media campaigns for Elektra Music Group artists across different genres of music, with specific target lists for each active project, including print, TV, and online targets.
• Help manage quarterly publicity budgets throughout the course of a campaign
• Assist in communicating the status of all media outreach regularly to artist management and company management
• Assist in the drafting, routing, and dissemination of all bios and press releases
• Help organize, plan, and produce special events for artists, including album release parties, platinum/gold certification parties, and artists showcases among others.
• Oversee the hiring and activity of department interns
• Are action oriented, hard working and energetic
• Like to write and have excellent verbal and written communication skills externally and internally
• Have strong organizational skills
• Maintain composure under stressful situations
• Have an interest in pursuing a career in publicity, and building relationships with the media as well as a knowledge and expertise in dealing with the media.
• Are team players
• Are familiar and able to work across different genres of music
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
-Experience (as an intern or paid position) within the music industry and, ideally, mostly in publicity
-Experience and interest in writing
-Bachelor's degree, ideally in communications or public relations
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG. Website: Apply At Employer's Site