Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 4/23/2021 8:30:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have a lot of other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, Publicity jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Publicity postings
Are you an employer?
How do I hire an Assistant, Publicity? Job Description:
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant, Publicity
A little bit about our team:
The Publicity Department works to maximize media coverage and, in turn, raise the overall profile of the artists on Atlantic and its affiliates. This is accomplished not only by utilizing established avenues, but, perhaps more importantly, through discovering and developing new outlets to increase our artists' visibility to the consumer. In addition, the department is responsible for maintaining up to date photos and bios on all active artists, drafting and issuing official media releases to the media and the company, the planning and execution of special events, interaction with and planning for certain industry awards and award shows, and the purchasing of all artist birthday gifts.
Why this could be your next big break:
Assisting publicists with daily requests/projects in the field of publicity, including writing/editing press releases and bios, coordinating production of press images, coordinating materials for national and local television performances.
Here you'll get to:
• Assist Publicists with various tasks as they occur, including artist phone interviews, press mailings, researching press news and industry trades for artist/label mentions
• Preparing and distributing press releases and media blasts
• Preparing, organizing, and shipping press kits to various media outlets/publications
• Maintain up-to-date digital press clips for each artist
• Compiling online coverage of artist's singles, videos, performances
• Processing vendor invoices and expenses
• Assisting at various media events
• Heavy phone duty
• Administrative duties associated with photo shoots, television spots, artist phone interviews (i.e.: travel, payment)
• Updating artist websites and Atlantic press site with recent press materials.
• Oversee and maintain departmental organization (magazines, newspapers, shared drive, etc.)
• Execute press mailings, distribution of music videos to television/magazine outlets.
• Compiling and writing artist itineraries
• Maintain organization during high-pressure situations and projects
• Work cohesively with other departments and artist management on a daily basis
• Hiring photographers for b-roll images and video on music video sets
• Scan and distribute artist features/mentions/etc. in magazines & newspapers for publicist to distribute
• Compile end of year, end of project press books for artists, manager, executives.
• Oversee hiring and activity of publicity interns
Demonstrate strong organizational skills, attention to detail, the ability to prioritize while multi-tasking, communication skills, and a passion for the music industry.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Some PR experience is required
• Good time management and the ability to multi-task is extremely important in this role.
• Strong writing skills are crucial
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Photoshop, Concur
BA Degree Required, Communications preferred
• Prior work experience, preferably in an administrative assistant position and/or PR firm is also recommended.
• Internship experience at a record label preferred
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc. This job is no longer available. Click here to view current job listings.