Assistant, Promotion - Black Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
Job Title: Assistant, Promotion – Black Music
A little bit about our team:
The Black Music Promotions Department aims to secure airplay, on-air contests, and promotional opportunities for our Atlantic Records artists at radio stations nationwide. The department works with marketing, sales, publicity, and digital marketing to create grass roots and national promotion strategies to garner airplay at key lifestyle, club, and radio outlets. While increasing their exposure and audience, the Black Music Promotions team contributes to the company-wide effort of promoting our artists and maximizing sales and streaming.
Why this could be your next big break:
As the Assistant to the Head of the Black Music Promotions department, this individual will enhance the effectiveness of the head of the department by providing exceptional administrative, project, and research support. This individual must be detail oriented and proactive with an ability to anticipate the needs of the head of the department. This includes providing necessary information and reports in a timely fashion, drafting letters and documents, gaining necessary approval/signatures on invoices and clerical pieces, booking the travel of the head of the department, maintaining the department calendar, scheduling meetings and answering/screening calls. At times, the Promotions Assistant will also be called upon to assist the field staff and other members of the national staff.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide full administrative support to the Head of Black Music Promotion, including but not limited to: travel, providing meeting materials, directing incoming calls, messages, expenses, maintaining artist calendar/airplay/itinerary book on weekly and daily basis.
• Prepare daily Mediabase, BDS, Soundscan, and Music Connect research and analysis reports of sales, streams, and radio airplay for all formats
• Compile and send weekly radios adds report
• Coordinate weekly urban promotion conference calls
• Update weekly radio report airplay numbers
• Maintain Artist Request Grid/Artist appearance confirmations
• Facilitate contest promotions; i.e. organize winner travel, prize distribution, compile budget needs based off feedback from field staff, etc.
• Coordinate urban radio ''phoners''
• Facilitate all other miscellaneous tasks/duties as needed
• Create Promo/Contest confirmation letters
• Maintain/update budgets daily
• Process department meeting card expenses
• Understanding of radio and/or prior experience at a label promotions department or radio station
• Proficient in MS Office, Nielsen BDS, Mediabase, R&R Music Tracker, SAP, ORACLE, and Nielsen Soundscan
• Love and understanding of Hip-Hop and R&B
• Detail-oriented and highly organized team player with business acumen
• Excellent phone manners
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Understanding of Concur Expense system
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Ability to meet deadlines, safeguard confidential information and work overtime as needed
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.