Assistant, People Team
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
This was removed by the employer on 10/12/2023 4:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, People Team jobs in Los Angeles-CA
Search all Assistant, People Team postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Admin Assistant, People Team
A little bit about our team:
The Recorded Music People Team aims to drive the business forward by working with leaders to help them build their organizations and make decisions on employee-related objectives. Our team provides strategic people support and focuses on organizational development, performance management, and talent development to help employees grow at WMG, being a thought partner on business decisions in the workplace and general human resources support.
The People Team Assistant will provide support for the Recorded Music business units. The role focuses on a variety of HR-related tasks and is responsible for delivering first-class employee support and taking direction from the HR Business Partners who are responsible for the relationship for the recorded music functions. This role is the first point of contact for all HR-related questions and will be accountable for ensuring that all HR tasks are managed in a professional, efficient, and timely manner. This role also offers the opportunity to learn about the various parts of the music industry, interact with all levels of employees, and participate in multiple HR Initiatives and projects.
Here you'll get to:
• Provide Human Resources support to 300+ employees in various areas; including New York, California, Nashville, and regional locations
• Participate in and assist the greater People Team with HR Initiatives and Learning & Development opportunities based on the needs of the business/teams
• Train all U.S. new hires on using Workday and other inter-company related systems, and assist in the design and roll-out of developmental and programmatic training as needed.
• Be the first point of contact for new hires and employees. Provide information and guidance, or raise inquiries as appropriate. Maintain confidentiality of all information as appropriate.
• Conduct new hire orientation and create a seamless and exciting onboarding experience for all new hires
• Partner with our Talent Acquisition team and Hiring Managers to manage all open positions and ensure there is an onboarding plan in place for the best employee experience
• Assist with the exiting process and conduct exit interviews for departing employees
• Update and maintain Workday employee data with accuracy (you will spend a phenomenal amount of time in Workday)
• Partner with our Student Programs Team on the management of the Emerging Talent Associate program
• Work with the team on employee relations matters
• Update all HR / Financial reporting documents
• Maintain HR files and databases
• Assist with administering various HR processes- performance planning, Visa process, leave of absence, and others
• Provide support to the Senior Vice President, Associate Director, and Manager of People Teams on daily tasks
• Perform any other duties and tasks related to the Department's role and responsibilities that might be assigned
• Strong organization and time management skills; Detailed-oriented and focused
• Proactive approach
• Results-oriented, have strong execution and follow-up skills
• Multi-tasking skills in a fast-paced and deadline-driven environment
• Possess strong communication skills and the ability to work with many different personalities
• Be adept at problem-solving, including being able to identify and resolve issues in a timely manner
We'd love it if you also had:
• 1+ years of experience in Human Resources
• Bachelor's degree in Human Resources, Psychology, Business, or a related field
• Ability to forge outstanding working relationships across a large team
• Experience in working with the Workday system and/or other HRIS systems
• Proficient in MS Office suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel) or Google Workspace equivalent
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
Effective October 1st, this position will require being in the office 4 days a week. We believe that an in-office presence is critical for talent development, collaboration and building strong relationships.
$17.94 to $21.54 hourly
Salary ranges are included for job postings where required by law. The actual base pay is dependent upon many factors, such as work experience and business needs. The pay range is subject to change at any time dependent on a variety of internal and external factors.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are