Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group we're all about our people. Our global company is made up of knowledgeable, passionate, and creative individuals. Our commitment to Diversity, Equity and Inclusion fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We believe in each individual's value and encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music – at every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart by embracing innovation – an integral part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the most influential forces in culture today.
A little bit about our team:
The Marketing department is the chief holder of information on the status of an individual project (song, EP, or album) scheduled to be released into the marketplace. Primary focus lies in discovering effective marketing tactics, creating artist opportunities, and dissemination of useful information to fellow team members and partner labels.
Here you'll get to:
• Preform administrative tasks including, but not limited to, management of multiple phone lines, scheduling internal and external meetings, submitting expense reports, coordinating travel, processing invoices, ordering office supplies, conducting mailings, and management of multiple calendars.
• Create and update weekly artist one-sheets and timelines to be distributed within the company and to external partners.
• Assist in the development and execution of artist marketing plans by participating in meetings, creating artist pitch decks, and communicating with all respective departments.
• Schedule all product releases and ensure that all production deadlines are met.
• Pull, analyze, and distribute weekly Soundscan, Mediabase, Tableau and Music Connect reports to be sent internally and to respective managers.
• Maintain, organize, and distribute all artists' assets to the company and external clients.
• Coordinate with the creative department to create artist assets including graphics, print ads, hype sheets, posters, stickers, digital assets, etc.
• Write copy for promotional assets including one sheets, stickers, posters, print ads, etc.
• Interview, hire, train, and supervise interns and emerging talent associates every semester.
• Plan and execute artist events including listening sessions and release parties by coordinating with outside vendors and venues, maintaining a budget, creating promotional material, and being on site to ensure all events run smoothly.
• Liaise with third party marketing and street team companies to create and distribute tools such as posters, stickers, and tee-shirts.
• Process invoices by setting up vendors in our system, coding the invoices in our financial systems, and corresponding with vendors to ensure final payment.
• Actively attend meetings, take notes, and prepare materials to circulate to the team before and after meetings.
• Support and develop relationships with lifestyle and strategic brands that help with production and execution of marketing related events for Warner Records and our artists
• Comprehensive experience with PC and Mac platforms, especially with Microsoft Outlook, Word, and Excel
• Excellent writing skills
• Excellent project management skills with the ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects at once.
• Ability to multi-task and work effectively in high pressure environment.
• Effective online research methods.
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• The right person for this job will be confident, reliable, accept responsibility and handle pressure well.
• They must have a sense of urgency and demonstrate professionalism over the phone - representing two EVPs and bring a professional approach.
• Must be extremely organized and detail-oriented.
• Must have the ability to prioritize tasks and meet strict deadlines.
Hunger to learn overall operations of a record company and the ability to quickly administrate and/or fulfill day-to-day requests is essential.
With its broad and diverse roster of new stars and legendary artists, Warner Music Group is home to a collection of the best-known record labels in the music industry including Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Chappell Music, one of the world's leading music publishers with a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide.
For more than four decades, WMG has been an industry-leading force in providing a world-class array of services designed to help artists and labels grow their careers and their businesses. Artist & Label Services is the umbrella for WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic) – the pioneering WEA distribution and marketing network – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion and diversity in all aspects of our business. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and will evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, ancestry, marital status, medical condition as defined by state law (genetic characteristics or cancer), physical or mental disability, military service or veteran status, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
Copyright © 2021 Warner Music Inc.