Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 9/28/2020 6:32:00 AM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing/Publicity/PR Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, Marketing jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Marketing postings
Full Time Job
With a legacy extending back over 200 years, Warner Music Group (WMG) today brings together artists, songwriters and entrepreneurs that are moving entertainment culture across the globe. Operating in more than 70 countries through a network of affiliates and licensees, WMG's Recorded Music division includes renowned labels such as Asylum, Atlantic, Big Beat, Canvasback, Elektra, Erato, First Night, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Reprise, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Spinnin', Warner Records, Warner Classics and Warner Music Nashville. WMG's music publishing arm, Warner Chappell Music, has a catalog of more than 1.4 million musical compositions spanning every musical genre, from the standards of the Great American Songbook to the biggest hits of the 21st century. Warner Music Group is also home to WEA (Warner-Elektra-Atlantic), the pioneering distribution and marketing network, and ADA, the independent artist and label services company, as well as consumer brands such as Songkick the live music app, EMP the merchandise e-tailer, and UPROXX the youth culture destination.
We currently have a fantastic opportunity to join our innovative and highly sought-after Pop/Rock Marketing team at Atlantic Records.
Title: Assistant, Marketing
A little bit about our team:
The Marketing Department is responsible for developing comprehensive strategies for marketing our artists as well as coordinating all efforts for the release of music and content (internally and with outside parties) on all projects.
Why this could be your next big break:
You will provide administrative and marketing support for Senior Vice President of Marketing and a Manager of Marketing. These are high profile executives and will give you an opportunity to get your name and work exposed.
Here you'll get to:
• Coordinate various artist projects and activities with other Atlantic departments on behalf of your supervisors and their projects.
• Engage and contribute in new marketing strategies and ideas with Product Managers and respective departments
• Monitor artist online activities and share with the team their trends, audience and suggest next steps for the artists growth
• Research and study new consumer trends to share with the team for potential artist campaigns
• Schedule releases into production per your supervisor's direction
• Write and format campaign copy for various promotional tools such as sell sheets, email blasts, internal artist updates, etc.
• Plan and organize meetings for your supervisors and their team
• Organize travel for Supervisors
• Interview, hire and manage interns each semester. Train interns in all aspects of the department so they can be helpful for you and the team
• Manage and support artist events with outside vendors and venues, when necessary
• Participate in meetings to discuss current and upcoming marketing and promotional plans
• Create and update artist calendars, timelines, schedules, and one-sheets weekly
• Run weekly reports such as Nielsen sales reports and Radio Mediabase for internal distribution and to respective managers, agents, and outside marketing agencies
• Process invoices from outside vendors and follow-up on payments
• Act as a support between product managers and artist's management
• Coordinate with the art department and production to design tools such as posters, stickers, cover art, digital assets and ads
• Book artists' travel and arrange for meals when visiting the office for marketing purposes.
• Liaise with outside specialty marketing companies and provide tools such as posters, stickers, CDs, samplers and music, when needed.
• Maintain your supervisors' calendars and schedules and monitor phones
• Gather assets and book advertising campaigns per your supervisor such as TV, Radio, street snipes
• Attend events, shows, and parties to form relationships with contacts at other record labels, agencies, and entertainment companies
• File travel and expense reports
• Maintain, organize and distribute all artists' assets
Rockstar candidates are:
• Passionate about the music industry, specifically marketing Pop and Alternative Rock artists
• Interested in Brand development for our many developing artists
• Self- efficient with a ''can do'' attitude
• Highly motivated
• Strong Organizational Skills
• Research Skills
• Interpersonal Communication Skills
• Able to Multi-task
• Manage time effectively
It would be music to our ears if you also had:
• Basic skills in Adobe Photoshop and/or Illustrator preferred.
• Savvy communication skills
• Comprehensive experience on Power Point
• Strong Computer Skills – Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and the Internet.
• Experience with compiling data and discerning most relevant or important data
• At least one year of music experience
• Existing examples on being a self-starter, entrepreneur spirt, passion for music and artists.
Why join us?
Warner Music Group is all about our people. We are one global company made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business.
It is the mission of every member of the WMG team around the world to create a nurturing environment for artists, songwriters, and the people behind the music, every stage of their career. We strive to set WMG apart from the rest of the industry by embracing a philosophy of innovation that is part of our company's DNA.
Consider a career at WMG and be a part of one of the biggest forces in music today.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for Warner Music Group. We love it here, and think you will too.
We are an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of age, sex, sexual orientation, race, color, creed, religion, ethnicity, national origin, alienage or citizenship, disability, marital status, familial status, military or veteran status, or any other legal recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the application or employment process, please send an e-mail to Recruitment@wmg.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
Copyright © 2020 Warner Music Inc.