Assistant, Marketing - Pop / Rock
Warner Music GroupLos Angeles, CA
Full Time Job
WMG's top priority is the safety and wellbeing of its team members, artists and songwriters across the globe. In response to COVID-19, WMG is fully committed to helping its people balance their home and life commitments with flexible working options, virtual wellness sessions, and more. WMG strives to maintain a COVID-free workplace. To that end, being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 is a condition of employment for all US new employees, prior to the commencement of employment. If you are hired, you will be required to provide proof of your vaccination as part of your new employee onboarding process, subject to our legal obligation to make reasonable accommodations in certain limited circumstances.
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
We remain committed to Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion. We know it fosters a culture where you can truly belong, contribute, and grow. We encourage applications from people of any age, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, and any other characteristic or identity.
Consider a career at WMG and get the best of both worlds – an innovative global music company that retains the creative spirit of a nimble independent.
Job Title: Assistant, Marketing – Pop/Rock
A little bit about our team:
The Pop/Rock Marketing Department at Atlantic Records is responsible for developing comprehensive strategies for marketing our artists as well as coordinating all efforts, internally and with outside parties, on all projects.
You will provide administrative and marketing support for a Vice President of Marketing and a Marketing Manager.
Here you'll get to:
• Maintain Product Manager's calendars and schedules.
• Take and roll calls for Product Manager(s).
• Organize travel for Product Manager(s).
• Organize and submit monthly expense reports (T&E) and monitor approval status of the reports to ensure prompt payment.
• Maintain, organize, and distribute all artists' assets (including, but not limited to artwork, video assets, music, etc.).
• Create and update artist calendars, timelines, schedules, and one-sheets weekly.
• Design images and graphics for artist proposals, reports, and one-sheets.
• Write copy for promotional tools, internal communications, and other marketing materials, including, but not limited to artist one-sheets, email blasts, posters, stickers, etc.
• Write and distribute marketing highlights for internal and external partners.
• Schedule all artist music and video releases with internal production team.
• Communicate production changes made with internal teams and external artist management teams.
• Organize, take notes during marketing and promotional meetings for Product Manager(s). Notes timely distributed to all relevant parties after each meeting.
• Run Soundscan, Spotify For Artists, Mediabase, and other essential reports for internal and external distribution. Recipients may include respective managers, agents, and outside partners for each project.
• Interview, hire, and manage interns every semester. Train interns in all aspects of the marketing department, Atlantic Records, and WMG at large.
• Maintain relationships with outside vendors including managing prompt invoicing and payments.
• Order, manage, and maintain quantities of artist promotional vinyl / CDs as well as office supply inventories.
• Book artist travel and arrange for meals during promotional days, internal meetings, shoots, etc.
• Monitor artist online activities.
• Coordinate multiple artist projects and activities with other internal departments.
• Research and study new consumer trends.
• Manage and support artist events with outside vendors and venues.
• Coordinate with the art department and production to design tools such as posters, stickers, cover art, digital assets, and ads.
• Liaise with outside marketing and street team companies and provide tools such as posters, stickers, CDs, samplers, and music.
• Gather assets and book advertising campaigns – TV and Radio spots, print ads, snipes, etc.
• Attend events and shows to form relationships with contacts at other record labels, agencies, management firms, and other entertainment companies.
• Develop new marketing strategies and ideas with Product Managers and respective departments.
• Passion for the music industry – specifically, pop and rock.
• Photoshop and PowerPoint experience.
• Interpersonal communication skills.
• Experience working on teams.
• Meticulous attention to detail.
• Time management skills.
• Organizational skills.
• Ability to multi-task.
• Research skills.
We'd love it if you also had:
• Tech savvy – Proficiency in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, and all social media platforms.
• Experience with compiling data and discerning most relevant or important data.
• At least one year of music experience.
As the home to Asylum, Atlantic, East West, Elektra, FFRR, Fueled by Ramen, Nonesuch, Parlophone, Rhino, Roadrunner, Sire, Warner Records, Warner Classics, and several other of the world's premier recording labels, Warner Music Group champions emerging artists and global superstars alike. And our renowned publishing company, Warner Chappell Music, represents genre-spanning songwriters and producers through a catalogue of more than one million copyrights worldwide. Redefining what it means to be a music company in the 21st century, our consumer brands include trend-setters like UPROXX, Songkick, HipHopDX, and EMP. We're the home to WMX – the next generation services division that connects artists with fans and amplifies brands in creative, immersive, and engaging ways – and Alternative Distribution Alliance (ADA) – the ground-breaking global distribution company for independent artists and labels.
Together, we are Warner Music Group: Music With Vision & Voice.
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't hear from us right away. We're taking our time to review all resumes, and to find the best people for WMG.
Thanks for your interest in working for WMG. We love it here, and think you will, too.
WMG is committed to inclusion