Assistant, Marketing - Black Music
Warner Music GroupNew York, NY
This was removed by the employer on 10/24/2022 2:30:00 PM PST
Not to worry we have many other jobs on the site;
Browse all jobs
Browse the Assistant and Entry Level Category
Browse the Marketing Category
Browse the Music Category
Search for Assistant, Marketing - Black Music jobs in New York-NY
Search all Assistant, Marketing - Black Music postings
Full Time Job
At Warner Music Group, we're a global collective of music makers and music lovers, tech innovators and inspired entrepreneurs, game-changing creatives and passionate team members. Here, we know that each talent makes our collective bolder and brighter. We are guided by four core principles that underpin everything we do across all our diverse businesses:
• Music is Everything: Music is our passion, and we can never get enough. Tastes, trends, and tech will change, but great artists and songwriters will always be our driving force.
• Global Growth, Local Expertise: Music is a global language. Through communication and collaboration, our success can come from anywhere and translate everywhere.
• Innovation and Insight: Pushing the boundaries requires the best information and the boldest imagination. We use both to create the future.
• Empowered by People: Like the artists we serve and the music they make, our differences make us stronger. This is a place where every talent can belong and build a career.
Assistant, Marketing - Black Music
A little bit about our team:
The Black Music Marketing department works cross functionally with all departments within the Atlantic ecosystem to successfully product manage the release of artists' singles, albums and special projects from inception to completion. We are responsible for helping to craft stories and creative ideas that will help to grow awareness on the artist while also driving sales and streams of their music. The marketing department is involved in all aspects of the artists' development from the moment they are signed to Atlantic Records.
This position is a unique one, in that this is a dual reporting role to both the Director of Marketing as well as the Head of Black Music Marketing. You will be responsible for supporting both with all their administrative duties daily. Supporting a product manager will afford you the opportunity to see how marketing plans come together from the ground up, while supporting a department head will give you the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of the business and set you on your way to establishing your career in music.
Here you'll get to:
• Answer phones professionally and keep track of calls received.
• Interface with Senior management regularly
• Manage calendars and schedules daily; in addition to coordinating and organizing meetings, as well as patching in to scheduled conference calls.
• Manage expense reports and assist in tracking department quarterly spends.
• Process all vendor invoices and facilitate the vendor set up process
• Liaise with all vendors to provide ETAs and updates on payment
• Attend marketing/staff meetings, and take/distribute notes to the larger team
• Coordinate and support artists events curated by your managers. At times, you may have to serve as the main contact/liaison for outside vendors and venues and be involved with the full process from budget building, planning, and the final execution.
• Update artists stat sheets/timelines/marketing calendars, one-sheets, sales and streaming stat reports and other key Marketing documents on a weekly/bi-weekly basis
• Organize, update and manage the storage of single and project specific assets received from other departments and third parties
• Assist in the conceptualization and execution of marketing ideas, campaigns, OOH activations, and events
• Coordinate with respective product manager for sharing updates to the company on single, album and video launches
• Liaise with Product Manager and outside marketing to generate promotional tool ideas, provide design direction and facilitate the manufacturing of products such as posters, stickers, CDs, merch boxes and more
• Book and manage travel for supervisors
• • You have a background in Music Marketing and/or previous corporate administrative experience (internship, support role, freelance corporate setting, long term projects)
• You have the ability to work well in a fast paced environment and are a highly motivated, pro-active, task-oriented, self-starter and a team player
• You have excellent verbal & written communication skills, are detail oriented, organized and experienced at multi-tasking; in addition to being resourceful
• You have the ability to manage upwards
• You have strong computer skills and basic graphic design skills – proficiency in Microsoft Office, Photoshop, Canva, & Mailchimp (or equivalent program)
• You are good with numbers and have experience analyzing and reading data to glean insights
• You have knowledge of different DSPs, editorial playlisting and streaming services
We'd love it if you also had:
• Passion to learn and grow within the music industry
• A network of industry creatives
• Pride in having a professional demeanor at all times
• Knowledge about the current Atlantic roster
• An eye for design
• Knowledge of the current black music landscape and culture
Love this job and want to apply?
Click the ''Apply'' link at the top of the page, or apply directly with your LinkedIn. Applying with LinkedIn will import all of the information you put in your profile, but will still allow you to upload a resume and cover letter.
Don't be discouraged if you don't h